Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Really appreciate everyones work on the XPS line :).

I haven't been following the thread closely, but read bits and pieces. I'm thinking of trying to get a 9370 up and running as a hackintosh, can someone get me up to date on the current status? As I understand it, the current issues are:

- Soldered Killer WiFi. Requires someone to make native drivers, or a USB WiFi solution
- TouchScreen doesn't work(?)
- Thunderbolt 3 doesn't work(?)
- Potential issues with the SSD. Is it better to go with the SSD or SATA disk option to avoid any issues here?

If I misunderstood something, please correct the above bullet points. Any other major showstoppers for the 9370? And is there anything that can be done to enable TB3 or Touch functionality? And would getting a Developer edition (with Ubuntu pre-installed) help in any way?
Since this guide is for the 9360, I think it would be more advantageous for you to make a new thread under Sierra Laptop Support, not here.

Since this guide is for the 9360, I think it would be more advantageous for you to make a new thread under Sierra Laptop Support, not here.

Ah, sorry. I thought as the thread already contained some 9370 discussions and it should be pretty similar to 9360, this was the place to go. I'll do that!

I am having some trouble with my Bluetooth, it is functional on a reboot but becomes "not available" after I wake it up from sleep. It only becomes functional after a reboot. I am able to see the Bluetooth adapter in the System Information app but in the system preferences I am unable to connect any devices.

Attachments

• debug_16741.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
Hi. Some new findings regarding the Bluetooth issue. I opened a thread here for my XPS 9350 with DW1830 Wifi Card.
I noticed that if the laptop is connected on AC when it comes out from sleep, then Bluetooth is identified as BCM920703 and it works correctly.
If the laptop is on battery however, the BT is identified as BCM2045A0 and it doesn't work correctly (sometimes doesn't connect or becomes unavailable after some mins of idle and things like that).

There seems like to be some sort of firmware uploading issue in BrcmPatchRAM2. Anyone can test and confirm the same behavior?

Thank you

Anyone know if this works with Dell's 2.4.2 BIOS?

Anyone know if this works with Dell's 2.4.2 BIOS?
Don't know, but I have it working on BIOS 2.5.1. Is there a disadvanced to go to a higher BIOS? Expect from unable to downgrade?

Last edited:
If you are running High Sierra 10.13, have you noticed improvements in using a 4k NVMe SSD now that they are natively supported? Is there still a significant battery life decrease/heat increase when using this over a SATA drive?

Can't say, running HS with a Samsung EVO 500GB SSD.

- Still battery is pretty bad, have around 3-4 hours of battery life and I'm only using Chrome and Word etc. (Have the 3200x 1800 version)
- Trackpad is ... How should I say this... a yoke. Scrolling and selecting stuff is bad. I don't know if it's me, but a l can't stand it. Indesign and Photoshop are unusable. Is it possible to modify the VoodooPS2Controller? @RehabMan
- Bluetooth don't see any devices using
Broadcom BCM94352Z
- Sometimes headphones works, sometimes they don't. However MacOS does see the headphones in the audio menu. Speakers work flawless.

That's it. Still a really stable hackintosh :)

Last edited:
Can't say, running HS with a Samsung EVO 500GB SSD.

- Still battery is pretty bad, have around 3-4 hours of battery life and I'm only using Chrome and Word etc. (Have the 3200x 1800 version)
- Trackpad is ... How should I say this... a yoke. Scrolling and selecting stuff is bad. I don't know if it's me, but a l can't stand it. Indesign and Photoshop are unusable. Is it possible to modify the VoodooPS2Controller? @RehabMan
- Sometimes headphones works, sometimes they don't. However MacOS does see the headphones in the audio menu. Speakers work flawless.

That's it. Still a really stable hackintosh :)
No "BT unavailable" issue after sleep? Which card do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back