Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you, still don’t know how to make my graphic working...
Why external disk, do you have a liteon nvme ssd?
I have the original Toshiba one.

The installer gave me error when it tried to create recovery partition (no idea why)
It gave me "Unknown error: -110". Maybe the error occurs when I install HS after Windows partition...

I tried to install on my clean external and it ran just fine.
I plan to clone my existing working HS to my NVMe to see whether it works or not.

For the graphics, I just use the config from RehabMan almost directly (just few minor edits).

@the-darkvoid @bozma88 I think we need a new guide created in the HS guides because this one is now getting overrun by HS questions and problems that Sierra doesn’t have. More confusion will happen.

Thanks a lot Rehabman for the help, I will continue experiment to try to increase the battery life.

oops..it looks like I uploaded the wrong config file.
I am using the config file of "config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist" from your below link as I am running 10.13.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config
however my laptop keep rebooting during loading bar screen, once I revised the FakeID to the invalid one, it boots up.
no idea which FakeID should I use...
could you do me a favor, show me what is wrong? thanks a lot.

You should not use FakeID at all.
If you have not set DVMT-prealloc correctly, you will get panic.
Make sure you read the guides carefully.

Update:
Now graphics working, thanks RehabMan!

Audio not working (SysPref -> VoodooHDA -> No VoodooHDA Devices Detected)

Brightness not working (No control in Syspref -> Displays)
- If I install IntelBacklight.kext, kext hault occurs and says PNLF, but I already included SSDT-PNLF.aml inside ACPI/patched

Ethernet not working (I use my USB-C to RJ-45 adapter with 3 USB 3.0 Hub):
- Device can be shown in SysPref -> Network
- Hub is working and fully functional
- DHCP not working, and (or therefore) my router cannot detect it

One more (simple) question: The system is now installed on external HDD, can I clone it to my NVMe drive?

Thanks a lot!
(Clover.zip same as previous post)

Does post #1 use VoodooHDA? I see no mention of it...

Brightness guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Common ethernet kexts are linked from the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

@the-darkvoid @bozma88 I think we need a new guide created in the HS guides because this one is now getting overrun by HS questions and problems that Sierra doesn’t have. More confusion will happen.

That (guide for HS) is up to the original author of the guide.

First off, hats off to Bozma88 for this fantastic guide and RehabMan for his continued help. I am trying to install Sierra 10.12.6 on my XPS (Coffee-Lake refresh) but I cannot get the graphics to work unless I turn off the graphics injector in Clover. If I keep it on, it goes into a loop where when I turn on verbose mode, it gives me this message:

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lln 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

The above flickers for maybe half a second and then I see a blank screen for several seconds, with this flickering again. This goes on indefinitely. I have used the all of the files provided by Bozma88.

i cant get the same installation of mac osx to work on my dell xps 9360.... which works on my desktop pc

i have used my own config p list and dont know how to patch hard disk drive.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back