Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bozma88 thanks for creating the guide!

Guys, did any of you managed to do a fresh install of 10.12.6 on an NVMe drive?
I managed to boot to the installer screen, however, i couldn't see my 960 Evo.

From the provided EFI folder in the first post, here's what i've done:
- removed the placeholders & guide files
- removed SSDT-NVME.aml and replaced it with my SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml generated according to RehabMan's Guide.
- put HFSPlus.efi inside drivers64UEFI
- added NVMe_patches_10_12_6.plist into KextsToPatch

Is there anything that I miss? Do I need to place IONVMeFamily.kext taken from my other hack machine running 10.12.6?

EDIT:
adding IONVMeFamily.kext in the /kexts/others give me a kernel panic "DSMOS: SMC returned incorrect key ...."
Thanks guys. I also have my CLOVER folder attached

Attachments

• didii-CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Thank you for creating the guide. I have installed macOS on several desktop PC in the past but I feel stupid with my Dell XPS 13 trying to do the DVMT patch. I tried extracting the variable address from BIOS 1.3.5 but couldn't find the appropriate section with the Phoenix tool, now I've upgraded the BIOS to 1.3.7 and the backup toolkit tells me "Cannot identify the BIOS". What am I doing wrong? (I have checked that it has nothing to do with secure boot)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the guide! I just have one little issue with the current state of this. I work with opengl and whenever I query for the opengl version string I get opengl 2.1 INTEL-10.24.45. I assume this a quirk with intel hd 620 graphics not having official support from apple? does anyone know if it is possible to get opengl 4.5 or atleast 3.x working?

I'm pretty new hackintosh's so I don't know if this is fixable or not.

ig-platform-id: 0x19160000
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Thank you so much for the guide! I just have one little issue with the current state of this. I work with opengl and whenever I query for the opengl version string I get opengl 2.1 INTEL-10.24.45. I assume this a quirk with intel hd 620 graphics not having official support from apple? does anyone know if it is possible to get opengl 4.5 or atleast 3.x working?

I'm pretty new hackintosh's so I don't know if this is fixable or not.

ig-platform-id: 0x19160000
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Intel HD Graphics 620 supports
DirectX*12, OpenGL* 4.5, OpenCL* 2.0

Intel HD Graphics 620 supports
DirectX*12, OpenGL* 4.5, OpenCL* 2.0

Yes, I know, that is what the hardware supports. But with the setup outlined here, when querying for the opengl version the driver only supports opengl 2.1 .

To check on your system enter this in terminal:

glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"
In addition whenever I try to use opengl 3.x functionality in my programs I get EXC_BAD_ACCESS errors.

Thank you for creating the guide. I have installed macOS on several desktop PC in the past but I feel stupid with my Dell XPS 13 trying to do the DVMT patch. I tried extracting the variable address from BIOS 1.3.5 but couldn't find the appropriate section with the Phoenix tool, now I've upgraded the BIOS to 1.3.7 and the backup toolkit tells me "Cannot identify the BIOS". What am I doing wrong? (I have checked that it has nothing to do with secure boot)
i have the same problem on 1.3.7, u can search 899407D7_99FE_43D8_9A21_79EC328CAC21 for it on 1.3.5

DVMT settings:
setup_var 0x785 0x2 works for my device on [email protected], but i can not ensure this works for u either

Hey guys, I managed to install Sierra into an external hdd, planning to clone it to my NVMe ssd after this. But i can't seem to boot into OSX after installation after the restart. it keeps saying "smc returned incorrect key..bllah blah". Im booting using the same clover USB i used for installation. Any thoughts about this? Is is it possible due to incorrect DVMT patching? Thanks =)

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that headphones hot plug detection is working on fresh boot. However, even if I can see it switching outputs, sound doesn't come from headphones jack (just can hear some clicks and pops). Waiting for your fix :)

Here you go. Headphone detection works correctly on mine now after sleep/resume

Attachments

• AppleHDA_ALC256.zip
    384.7 KB · Views: 222
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back