Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 1.3.7 bios, new PC300 NVMe SK hynix firmware & 10.12.6.
Getting an increase of performance, specially in graphics (Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640) by using native KBL drivers.

I have the previous generation system (9350) which has the exact same audio chip set and layout. Using the CloverHDA and Codec Command with the ALC SSDT I get a fairly strong static thorugh the headphone jack. I mean you can still hear the audio fine but it is annoying. Speakers work fine without static. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm also getting noise with same config on my laptop (9360).

1) At which % do you get red battery icon and which % do you get the low batt popup?
2) RSSI is fluctuating up and down, icons from other networks show different signal strengths, its the active network that will always show at 100% on menubar.
3) Sorry, I meant fn + ins, it reboots instead of sleeping.
4) Will try to fix this :)
5) I always map caps lock to alt key because old keyboards don't have alt key so I'm used to that

1) It's showing the popup and red icon, but need to wait until 5%

I have the previous generation system (9350) which has the exact same audio chip set and layout. Using the CloverHDA and Codec Command with the ALC SSDT I get a fairly strong static thorugh the headphone jack. I mean you can still hear the audio fine but it is annoying. Speakers work fine without static. Anyone else have this problem?

No noise here... I don't know how to help you. Maybe there's some sort of mic loop (mic active and routed to headphones)?

@bozma88 when I have an 512b formatted SSD. Do I need the SSDT-NVME. I thought it´s just for the Samsungs SSD´s so I deleted it. Is this ok? for example to to prevent corrupt data?
Thank you.

NVME 512b drives need the ACPI PCI spoof to disable native storage controller and a patched storage controller. Read the guides, it's important. You need to disable hiberantion and darkwakes to prevent rare occurrences of FS corruption. To completely prevent darkwakes, the only solution so-far is to stay with non-native PM.

Hey,
I use Dell 7560 i7 7500U DDR4 8GB, 940MX, Intel 620.
I have achieved a proper working Hackintosh on this laptop. Everything is working, Battery, Sound, Brightness, Bluetooth. Graphics 620.
But there are still few minor issues.
1. Battery doesn't shows how much time ?
2. Headphone not working, no sound from headphone jack. And sound from speakers is also low. Realtek ALC 256 (3246)
3. Keyboard Command Key.

I am attaching the DSDT.aml and DSDT.dsl file. Can anybody please help me solving the 6 errors left for compiling. Once compiled, i will be able to solve these issues. Please help solving DSDT errors. Please find attached DSDT file.

Regards,
Ravi Singh

1. Normal in 10.12.3(?)+
2. Check to have SSDT and Codeccommander and CloverHDA properly installed and loading.
3. You have to swap them in KB configuration in SysPrefs

No noise here... I don't know how to help you. Maybe there's some sort of mic loop (mic active and routed to headphones)?

Same here. Problem exists from first tutorial, on my device with all headphones -> earpods, hyperx cloud, beats, etc.

Static noice and very noticeable punches on sound card start are very annoying.

Hello @bozma88,
thanks a lot for your nice work. Could you also provide human readable versions of your SSDTs (.dsl) for those who would like to learn what's inside?

Same here. Problem exists from first tutorial, on my device with all headphones -> earpods, hyperx cloud, beats, etc.

Static noice and very noticeable punches on sound card start are very annoying.

Yep that is exactly what I have.

Yep that is exactly what I have.
How's the noise in Windows?
Did you try connecting TRRS headphones? I only tried with Apple Earpods which are TRRS. No static noise, but amplifier pop on power-up is present.
We should ask @KNNSpeed to build a dedicated kext for our ALC256 too...

How's the noise in Windows?
Did you try connecting TRRS headphones? I only tried with Apple Earpods which are TRRS. No static noise, but amplifier pop on power-up is present.
We should ask @KNNSpeed to build a dedicated kext for our ALC256 too...

Audio is perfect under Windows. I only have a pair of lightning earpods so I can't test those. I use a pair of active noise cancelling headphone which seem to amplify the static even more than just a standard pair.

Audio is perfect under Windows. I only have a pair of lightning earpods so I can't test those. I use a pair of active noise cancelling headphone which seem to amplify the static even more than just a standard pair.

+1, under windows audio works perfect, i have tested headphones without micro (sony mdr) on 10.12.6, same issues.

One more issue.
Get some problems with wake up from sleep.

XPS 13 9360 10.12.6 Bios 1.3.7
setup_var 0x785 0x2

EFI zip in attachments.

Test case:
1. Put to sleep xps using Sleep button in apple menu.
2. Wait until power button light is off
3. Open lid
4. Power light will turn on, but xps don't
5. Profit!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 98
One more issue.
Get some problems with wake up from sleep.

XPS 13 9360 10.12.6 Bios 1.3.7
setup_var 0x785 0x2

EFI zip in attachments.

Test case:
1. Put to sleep xps using Sleep button in apple menu.
2. Wait until power button light is off
3. Open lid
4. Power light will turn on, but xps don't
5. Profit!
You can backup the bios 1.3.7? When i start Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit, it can not recognized BIOS, but this tool work when 1.3.5...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back