Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
do I need to replace any of the kext files in the created CLOVER folder with the ones in the zip file ?

thanks bozma sorry for the question in your zip file there is a EFI folder an a EFI BASIC install folder which one should replace the EFI folder in the boot disk ? Basically what I am doing is installing clover into the boot disk that has two partitions one for clover and the other for the OSX installer. I am installing clover into the clover partition and then replacing the contents of the EFI folder with the contents of your zip file.

10.12.6 confirmed working.
Kaby Lake CPU and GPU now work using native drivers.

The good news is a 10% increase in GPU performance and a 5% increase in CPU performance (tested in Geekbench 4). That's due to native drivers.
Battery life may improve, too. I think I could reach 10 hours at 100% screen brightness. It's dropping 1% every 10 minutes... never seen such a slow discharge rate. We'll see.
Energy monitor is still crashing, unfortunately.

Everything works, including sleep, audio, HDMI audio, brightness keys.

Please test the config I attached to this post.

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 02.33.44.png

Attachments

• EFI-10.12.6-v1.0.zip
    4 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:
thanks bozma sorry for the question in your zip file there is a EFI folder an a EFI BASIC install folder which one should replace the EFI folder in the boot disk ? Basically what I am doing is installing clover into the boot disk that has two partitions one for clover and the other for the OSX installer. I am installing clover into the clover partition and then replacing the contents of the EFI folder with the contents of your zip file.

EFI BASIC is a streamlined version used only to boot the installer.
You have to place the full EFI folder in your SSD's EFI partition.

thanks, when I try to boot with the original clover the installation hangs, I tried a copy paste of the EFI basic install folder into the EFI Folder in the usb stick, when I do that and boot clover the option to install osx no longer appears, I guess I am not doing things right.

@bozma88 replacing NVMe with SATA drive fixed the Hibernate-Corruption issue? :)
It would be awesome to be able to increase stand-by battery life with hibernation.. let me know! :)

Last edited:
1) Mine works
2) Never seen this happen. Check RSSI levels by clicking icon with ALT pressed
3) Shift+ins is not mapped to power dialog, how did you manage to do this?
4) Correct. It needs a Mac plist with brightness sensor and ALS0 device implemented
5) I don't understand why you would map alt to caps lock.........................

1) At which % do you get red battery icon and which % do you get the low batt popup?
2) RSSI is fluctuating up and down, icons from other networks show different signal strengths, its the active network that will always show at 100% on menubar.
3) Sorry, I meant fn + ins, it reboots instead of sleeping.
4) Will try to fix this :)
5) I always map caps lock to alt key because old keyboards don't have alt key so I'm used to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back