Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, after update to 10.12.4 got the Kernel Panic without any info.
Before update was installed Clover 4049, and rebuild caches.

Photo of kernel panic in attachments.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20170419_134725.jpg
    IMG_20170419_134725.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 129
For those that swapped the card after installing macOS and don't have wifi showing after the install, you need to invalidate and rebuild the kext caches in order for it to be initialized.

Newbie here. Care to explain how?

Suggestion:
Enable CPU Power Management + HWP.
To do it, use ssdtPRGen to create an SSDT, then use freqVectorsEdit (by Pike as well) to enable the full 'set' of frequencies and full HWP capabilities.
A note:
You'll might need to use the MSR 0xE2 lock patch to boot with the SSDT, under KernelToPatch:
Code:
Comment: MSR 0xE2 _xcpm_idle instant reboot (c) Pike R. Alpha
MatchOS: 10.12
Find:    20b9e200 00000f30
Replace: 20b9e200 00009090

About your SMBIOS problem, you can set config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch = true.
Maybe the Macbook9,1 is good, but maybe you can try MacBookPro13,2/MacBookPro13,1 as well (after using DellSMBIOSPatch).

Check your battery life and total performance after those changes, I think you would get better battery life.

Last edited:
Whilst I support the use of HWP in principle (even though I'm not sure of the net gain in battery life vs performance reduction), there are currently a number of known issues with HWP and darkwake. The solution so far seems to be to low-level format the NVME in 4k clusters as opposed to the default 512b.

@bozma88 - please correct me if I'm wrong.

Whilst I support the use of HWP in principle (even though I'm not sure of the net gain in battery life vs performance reduction), there are currently a number of known issues with HWP and darkwake. The solution so far seems to be to low-level format the NVME in 4k clusters as opposed to the default 512b.

@bozma88 - please correct me if I'm wrong.
For my Skylake laptop, I have no problem with HWP.
I still get the same performance I had before implementing PM & HWP, so don't worry about performance reduction.
If your laptop needs to run at a higher CPU frequency for a more intense activity, it will.
But when it doesn't, it would run slower (When doing some light usage, or when computer is idle). I don't mean you would feel it's slow, I mean the CPU would run slower when it can - to save power.

I would recommend testing, as it can't hurt anyone :)
If you feel happy with the results, you can tell the others your experience. If you don't, it's OK, tell what you experience and warn the others.

Hi!, lets see if someone can help me.
I started with this guide(https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...etting-dvmt-in-insydeh20-bios-laptops.165104/)
first i backup the bios with BIOS backup kit 2.0, then i opened with phoenixtool and extracted the DXE core module, but when i enter in the DUMP folder i cant see any rom file with the name FE3542FExxxxxxxxxxxxx.ROM as the guide author say the name has to be ¿maybe that´s only for acer laptops?. Instead of that i tryed with Univ. IFR extractor with each file until one of it seems to work. I post the txt file in the atachements, can somebody tell me if this is the correct values of the patching? can someone tell me what i have to type in the efi shell?
Thanks for all

Attachments

• dvmt patching.jpeg
    dvmt patching.jpeg
    454.6 KB · Views: 178
and wich card do you reccomend me to buy of these ones? thanks!!

Attachments

• wifi card 1.jpg
    wifi card 1.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 170
  • wifi card 2.jpg
    wifi card 2.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 145
Hi!, lets see if someone can help me.
I started with this guide(https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...etting-dvmt-in-insydeh20-bios-laptops.165104/)
first i backup the bios with BIOS backup kit 2.0, then i opened with phoenixtool and extracted the DXE core module, but when i enter in the DUMP folder i cant see any rom file with the name FE3542FExxxxxxxxxxxxx.ROM as the guide author say the name has to be ¿maybe that´s only for acer laptops?. Instead of that i tryed with Univ. IFR extractor with each file until one of it seems to work. I post the txt file in the atachements, can somebody tell me if this is the correct values of the patching? can someone tell me what i have to type in the efi shell?
Thanks for all
trial and error. Keep trying files till you get the right one (start from the largest, and go down in size order, it should detect the protocol as UEFI).

Also care taking some screenshots and documenting the process for me? I was just thinking of doing a guide and too lazy to install windows :(

103377-05b4455a8ebae0f85b31c9f6ca712afa.jpg

Last edited:
trial and error. Keep trying files till you get the right one (start from the largest, and go down in size order, it should detect the protocol as UEFI).

Also care taking some screenshots and documenting the process for me? I was just thinking of doing a guide and too lazy to install windows :(

103377-05b4455a8ebae0f85b31c9f6ca712afa.jpg

yes, thats exactly what i did. tryed until one matched the uefi protocol. So... can anybody confirm with my screenshoot that i have to type "setup_var 0x785 0x2" ¿? thanks.

Mashny, i dont care about taking some screenshots of the process, but as yout can see im not an expert. What parts of the whole process do you want screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back