Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problems/comments:
- IntelBacklight.kext is still installed (in EFI/Clover/kexts). Remove.
- CPU PM not implemented
- config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts is set to Yes. Should be "Detect".
- Done
- Will do
- config.plist was from OP (I think). Should I still change it to Detect?

- config.plist was from OP (I think). Should I still change it to Detect?

Correct is "Detect" with all kexts installed to the system volume.
Only "essential" kexts belong in EFI/Clover/kexts.

Had it been "Detect" before, you would not have been wondering where IntelBacklight.kext was coming from...

Last edited:
I already followed the guide. It fixed my graphics but not brightness, unless I followed it incorrectly. Is there a way to test if I installed it correctly?

I applied everything you suggested.

Remove all backlight-related kexts and DSDT edits, and try this injector.

Attachments

• AppleBacklightInjector.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 72
I already followed the guide. It fixed my graphics but not brightness, unless I followed it incorrectly. Is there a way to test if I installed it correctly?

I applied everything you suggested.

The only files you provided still had IntelBacklight.kext loaded.

Remove all backlight-related kexts and DSDT edits, and try this injector.

Custom AppleBacklightInjector.kext not required (it is the purpose of the AppleBacklight patch in config.plist).
SSDT-PNLF.aml required.

I followed thoroughly Rehabman's Actual fix:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
Now I have fully working brightness controls + nvram value kept for the next reboot...
But:
Rehabman, when i removed the brightness fix patch from the dsdt as initially bozma88 suggested I lost all controls, even the slider from the sysprefs, bergman brightness also did not work.
What i did is i just returned to the initially patched dsdt as suggested by bozma88 and voila, I have full brightness control!!!!!
Thank you, u r great!!!!

But I liked so much this bergdesign brightness app that I keep using it instead of keyboard...

Rehabman, when i removed the brightness fix patch from the dsdt as initially bozma88 suggested I lost all controls, even the slider from the sysprefs, bergman brightness also did not work.

As expected.

What i did is i just returned to the initially patched dsdt as suggested by bozma88 and voila, I have full brightness control!!!!!
Thank you, u r great!!!!

Correct fix is to add SSDT-PNLF.aml, as is written in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back