Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone try to reset the EC controller manually (by removing the cover, unplugging battery and pressing power for 30sec)?

I'll try it tonight

I patched my DVMT to 64MB, while using the QHD model, my this cause the charing freeze?
I patched my DVMT to 64MB, while using the QHD model, my this cause the charing freeze?
Changed mine to 96mb since it was recommended on other laptops. Use 0x3. Everything is working good or as best as it can, but does not resolve the power plugging freeze.

Last edited:
My XPS13 does see the headphones but I only get static sound when I plug my headphones in.

Does it sound like it's playing sound that way too loud and therefore distorts (or) does it just give you static?

In order for me to use CloverHDA I had to make sure remove AppleHDA. If you have AppleHDA in your extensions folder move it out and rebuild your text cache.

-> Maybe the QHD screen?

I dont have any freezing issues and I have QHD screen. The laptop came with bios 1.3.2 and I downgraded to 1.2.3 per your guide.

Changed mine to 96mb since it was recommended on other laptops. Use 0x3. Everything is working good or as best as it can, but does not resolve the power plugging freeze.

if I re-patch the DVMT now to 96mb, do I have to re-install OS X and windows? I did patch to 64mb but I have QHD touch.

Last edited:
In order for me to use CloverHDA I had to make sure remove AppleHDA. If you have AppleHDA in your extensions folder move it out and rebuild your text cache.

What do you need AppleHDA for?

What do you need AppleHDA for?
Truthfully, nothing. It does audio like CloverHDA and that's why they drove my system crazy. Like I said earlier, I messed.

I use CloverHDA per @bozma's guideline and kext from his files and it works. Headphones don't work though.
Try other headphones, because actually it should work.
Have you installed CodecCommander.kext?

Try other headphones, because actually it should work.
Have you installed CodecCommander.kext?

Yes. They are both installed. I have tried other headphones and I hear some coiled noise from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back