- Feb 20, 2019
- Dell XPS 9360
- HD 620
No worries! I started out knowing nothing at all as wellI've got a free empty 300Gb partition on my SATA M.2 drive where I could
do another test installation with your EFI OpenCore or Clover folders ( witch is better?)
I ve been reading tons of info on OpenCore (mind blowing) and Clover easier on a musician mind
before I go with install just a checklist
1) I guess. I do need to create a new USB installer with your OC EFI on it .
2) what minimal amount of files should be on USB installer and what files reserved for Post Install?
3) Do I need to generate my own SSDT's ( somehow .. any easy guide?) or can I use yours?
4) I will have to generate my own SMBIOS serials ( I got that part!)
5) Do I have to mess with post install USB port mapping or will it be mapped correctly using your EFI?
6) there is a Documentation Folder inside your EFI - anything important there I should read?
sorry for basic noob questions - I am a just a muso trying to learn to many things at the same time
1. You should be able to create a install usb as you are used to (follow various tutorials online and then copy my OC EFI folder to the EFI partition of the USB stick).
2. Then just install macOS as you already did and afterwards copy the OC EFI folder from the stick to the SSD.
3. You do not need new SSDTs as we have the same hardware, neither will you need to to USB port mapping (99% sure, because we have the same processor, same wireless card etc.).
4. Documentation is just the standard one from OC, so not important.