Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Can I just install MacOS Mojave Security Update 2020-002 ? Do I need to rebuild caches afterwards ? Anything else ? Just want to make sure I don't break anything as my DELL XPS has been running solid.

Only things I've copied locally in /Library/Extensions are:

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
CodecCommander.kext

from @the-darkvoid repo.

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Can I just install MacOS Mojave Security Update 2020-002 ? Do I need to rebuild caches afterwards ? Anything else ? Just want to make sure I don't break anything as my DELL XPS has been running solid.

Only things I've copied locally in /Library/Extensions are:

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
CodecCommander.kext

from @the-darkvoid repo.

Yes, and yes. No need to do anything else. Your sound will be broken on the first reboot until the caches rebuild, then reboot and you're good.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
What HiDPI solution are you using ? Do you have problems after sleep when the screen is only on the top left of your screen ? (Like all your UI screen resized to 1/4 of the physical one)

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
Intel i7-7500U
Graphics
Intel Graphics HD 620 / QHD Screen
Hi,

I updated to 10.15.4 and got some GFX issues, so had to update my kext. But in addition, I now cannot get iMessage/Facetime to work. I did the idiot guide and the how to fix. I am able to fix it for a couple of hours but then it stop working. Has anyone had this issue? It is not really sustainable to change S/N, SmUUID every couple of hours...

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z370-G GAMING (WI-Fi AC)
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I updated to 10.15.4 and got some GFX issues, so had to update my kext. But in addition, I now cannot get iMessage/Facetime to work. I did the idiot guide and the how to fix. I am able to fix it for a couple of hours but then it stop working. Has anyone had this issue? It is not really sustainable to change S/N, SmUUID every couple of hours...
In Cloverconfigurator in SMBIOS generate new serial and a new SmUUID and in Rt Variables check "from SMBIOS" and generate ROM.
I had same problem as you but this solved it

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
In Cloverconfigurator in SMBIOS generate new serial and a new SmUUID and in Rt Variables check "from SMBIOS" and generate ROM.
I had same problem as you but this solved it

More specifically, don't use the UseMacAddr0 field for ROM in Clover anymore, but generate your own ROM value (either from your wifi mac address or randomly).

A few weeks back Apple made a change to their servers that places more rigorous checks on the ROM field. I got caught out by this as well, took me ages to figure out that a bug in this machine makes CLOVER set the ROM value to 00000000, which until recently went unnoticed by Apple.

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360R Clover
CPU
i5-8250u
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a 9360 and ordered a WD Blue 1TB because I saw in the first post a SATA III would be better than NVME. But after reading what you guys are recommending now, WD Black... I'm kinda worried if I did the right choice. WD Blue or Black if my main objective is more battery life?