Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
Asrock X299 Creator
CPU
i9 10900X
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Has anyone ever fixed the relative low sound volume on MacOS compared to Windows 10? Currently using layout id 11 with latest AppleALC. Sometimes my audio cuts out completely two and re-enables after I navigate to sound => input.
Same issue here. I have Layout id 13.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey all,

Does anyone know of an easy way to reduce or ELIMINATE certain processor P-state frequencies?

I find when the CPU is tied to a single frequency the coil whine is at a minimum ; when the frequency is jumping around (which it does at idle between 800 MHz and 1.2 GHz) the noise tends to show up. Under load the noise also goes away. The whine leaves a ringing in my ear which has been causing headaches, otherwise I'm pretty happy with the hardware.

I've been trying to modify the FrequencyVectors using a MacPro 15,2 plist but haven't been able to figure out how to reduce or eliminate P-states just set the LFM by modifying the CPUFriendDataProvider.kext. I did try FreqVectorEdit.sh without much success but don't know if ssdtprgen can help with this.

I know that in Kaby Lake inside the processor there is functionality to get the processor frequency to move up/down, so I don't know if this is a UEFI/BIOS set of changes or something else to poke at.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@florr ,

I did try his repo for installing Mojave 10.14.6 and it worked well ; for some reason doing a bare install of 10.14.6 works with his files by not the latest from dark-void (this might be due to the change of using symlinks for the kexts to allow OpenCore/Clover compatibility).

Once I got 10.14.6 installed I moved back to dark-void as the configuration there is a MacPro 15,2 which matches my i7-8550u.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
HI Everyone, I have another DELL XPS and I was wondering how good is the trackpad of the 9360 compared to a real Macbook. Gestures etc..

I especially do this a lot: rest my thumb in the bottom left corner(more or less) and use my index to move the cursor... on my DELL I can't as it doesn't move the cursor if using it like that. My Macbook works fine instead.

Motherboard
Dell M3800
CPU
i7-4712HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
@the-darkvoid

Has you figured out how to control the fan speed? I would like to let the fan kick in early at lower temperature. Thanks.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 8920
CPU
i7-7700H
Graphics
Nvidia 1060
Hi Guys,

I managed to load Catalina on to the XPS 13 9360 but it is randomly freezing up and i can't seem to find the problem. Could any of you help dissect my EFI and see what i am not doing right?

Thank you

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
HI Everyone, I have another DELL XPS and I was wondering how good is the trackpad of the 9360 compared to a real Macbook. Gestures etc..

I especially do this a lot: rest my thumb in the bottom left corner(more or less) and use my index to move the cursor... on my DELL I can't as it doesn't move the cursor if using it like that. My Macbook works fine instead.
Sorry to ask again, but can anyone try and report back ? Literally would love to upg the experience I'm getting...