Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
Dell XPS13 9360 - Clover
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Sure, I attached it. I also deleted my serial numbers so be careful if you just copy it and want to use iMessage! Currently running a full day at uni with close to max brightness (7hours-ish), Laptop is 2 years old.

In my BIOS I disabled the SD Card reader and the Touchscreen, otherwise everything as is. Mac OS 10.14.4 and dark void files from 2 months ago.
After testing a little bit... THANKS. I can finally use my xps for work, power consumption is super low. I changed the aml file as suggested here and everything is working like a charm :)

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VI Impact
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys, just recently updated to 10.4.5 from 10.4.3, and now my trackpad doesnt work (touchscreen works though). Grepping voodoo on kextstat shows that voodooI2C are loaded.

A bit of background, I've been using voodoPS2controller.kext only, on my previous config, but prior to updating to 10.4.5, I updated my config using darkvoid's latest repo. At this stage, I lost functionality on my trackpad. Hence, I added the VoodooI2C.kext and Voodoo12CHID.kext into my kexts folder, and it fixes the problem. However, once I updated to 10.4.5, I lost the trackpad functionality again. Can anyone suggest where to start looking? Thank you

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Hi guys, just recently updated to 10.4.5 from 10.4.3, and now my trackpad doesnt work (touchscreen works though). Grepping voodoo on kextstat shows that voodooI2C are loaded.

A bit of background, I've been using voodoPS2controller.kext only, on my previous config, but prior to updating to 10.4.5, I updated my config using darkvoid's latest repo. At this stage, I lost functionality on my trackpad. Hence, I added the VoodooI2C.kext and Voodoo12CHID.kext into my kexts folder, and it fixes the problem. However, once I updated to 10.4.5, I lost the trackpad functionality again. Can anyone suggest where to start looking? Thank you
Try my fix from a few months back, maybe it works for you too, had the same issue.

Open your config.plist, navigate to Kernel and Kext patches and add the following line under the submenu "ForceKextsToLoad": \System\Library\Extensions\IOGraphicsFamily.kext

Solved it for me.

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VI Impact
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Try my fix from a few months back, maybe it works for you too, had the same issue.
Will give it a go! Thanks Richylitschy!

Btw, did you do anything other than disabling touchscreen and card reader, and using the updated SSDT to disable type c ?? I can't seem to see a significant drop in intel power gadget and battery life. My battery holds only approx 3h.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360-Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620, 1920x1080
@Coletz @Richylitschy How's the watts of your CPU? Mine remains at 1.9 watts when idle. According to darkvoid's repo, I have also change SSDT-TYPC, and attached CPUFriend.kext, CPUDataProvider.kext for i7-8550U...but the situation still remain.
In BIOS, I have disabled Camera, and SD card reader.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
iOS

If you can't get it to work again, please attach a troubleshooting archive :)
Make sure you're using latest VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID.

Motherboard
Dell XPS13 9360 - Clover
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Will give it a go! Thanks Richylitschy!

Btw, did you do anything other than disabling touchscreen and card reader, and using the updated SSDT to disable type c ?? I can't seem to see a significant drop in intel power gadget and battery life. My battery holds only approx 3h.
Have you downloaded the file from the GitHub issue page? I mean this one, the last comment from darkvoid

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VI Impact
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you can't get it to work again, please attach a troubleshooting archive :)
Make sure you're using latest VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID.
Yeah true, I should've added the troubleshooting items. I did a temporary workaround, though reverted to my old configs, and updated to the latest kexts. I guess it was something to do with the clover config. Gotta look at it carefully :D

Have you downloaded the file from the GitHub issue page? I mean this one, the last comment from darkvoid
Yes, I did compile the dsdt from that specific commit. So let me get this straight, after I updated the SSDT-TYPC.aml in my config, I should expect a drop on the PKG under Power, right? Something under 1.00, when type-C port isn't in use? Thanks @Coletz

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360-Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620, 1920x1080
I have similar problem, after I update SSDT-TYPC.aml from darkvoid's updated repost, my PKG under Power still remains about 1.75 when idle...is there a solution or other approaches I should follow? @Coletz

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS13 9360 - Clover
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Yeah true, I should've added the troubleshooting items. I did a temporary workaround, though reverted to my old configs, and updated to the latest kexts. I guess it was something to do with the clover config. Gotta look at it carefully :D

Yes, I did compile the dsdt from that specific commit. So let me get this straight, after I updated the SSDT-TYPC.aml in my config, I should expect a drop on the PKG under Power, right? Something under 1.00, when type-C port isn't in use? Thanks @Coletz
My values are nearly identical to Richylitschy 's values in the screenshot attached in the GitHub issue I've linked in the past days... I haven't compiled anything anyway. Just took the aml file and putted in the EFI/CLOVER folder replacing the old one, invalidated kext cache (don't think it's needed though) and rebooted. I am using the clover folder which Richylitschy uploaded some weeks ago + the modified SSDT + maybe I've updated some kext, but can't remember