Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i7 8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@pspracers just call dell and order it directly for $18.99. Got mine last week for around $21 shipped 2 day. It was refurbished but works great. (800) 456-3355

Motherboard
MSI Z170 Gaming M7
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
R9 Fury X
Mobile Phone
iOS
Wow, 60$? I bought mine from ebay (italy) for less than 30 euro.
Anyway since I totally broken my build and I don't want to fix it (was an android+iOS dev, now I dropped on iOS so I won't need macOS anymore) I can sell you my card if shipping costs are convenient. If you are interested drop a DM :)
Yep, 2 and half years ago I bought it from china for 26€ too, but these offers got less on Aliexpress. And I don't want to wait a month or longer for the new card.
Unfortunately I can't DM you, as I need at least 75 posts to do so :/

@pspracers just call dell and order it directly for $18.99. Got mine last week for around $21 shipped 2 day. It was refurbished but works great. (800) 456-3355
Thank you, I searched the whole Dell website for spare parts, but it seemed they are only willing to sell chargers and external batteries.

Motherboard
Dell XPS13 9360 - Clover
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Yep, 2 and half years ago I bought it from china for 26€ too, but these offers got less on Aliexpress. And I don't want to wait a month or longer for the new card.
Unfortunately I can't DM you, as I need at least 75 posts to do so :/

Thank you, I searched the whole Dell website for spare parts, but it seemed they are only willing to sell chargers and external batteries.
Hope they will ship, but in case they won't ship let me know and we'll find a way to communicate (Twitter maybe?) :)

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360 (KabyLake R)
CPU
Intel i7 8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
what have you done in order to update? I can't boot anymore... I tried updating clover but now everything is ****ed, maybe I'll just restart from scratch since the disk itself was nearly empty

Edit: managed to get something back, at least I can read log again.
Now I'm getting "[IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #", which seems fixable with "-disablegfxfirmware".
Once applied, I get errors about SMC and after about 5 minutes I get the apple logo with the loading bar...Which seems stuck at 60%. Now I'll wait an hour before shutting down, just for sure
If you have to use disablegfxfirmware, that means WhatEverGreen.kext is not loading successfully.

Motherboard
Dell XPS13 9360 - Clover
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
If you have to use disablegfxfirmware, that means WhatEverGreen.kext is not loading successfully.
Based on what I'm seeing it seems like not a single kext is loaded... Need to investigate but right now I need to do other stuff

Anyone got opencore working with their i7-7500U? Care sharing the config file??

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS13 9360 - Clover
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Yes. I know that you can fiddle with the P and C states but tbh, I get 8 to 9 hrs of battery life so the idle free modification suffice for me. If you managed to get the P and C states right that would be awesome nonetheless!
Hey man, since I finally fixed my xps13 (i5 7200u like yours) could you maybe share your config to get such battery time? I am using files from the-darkvoid repo, with its CPUFriend kexts and still I get 3h...Everything is totally messed up as you can see in the screenshot...

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Hey man, since I finally fixed my xps13 (i5 7200u like yours) could you maybe share your config to get such battery time? I am using files from the-darkvoid repo, with its CPUFriend kexts and still I get 3h...Everything is totally messed up as you can see in the screenshot...
Sure, I attached it. I also deleted my serial numbers so be careful if you just copy it and want to use iMessage! Currently running a full day at uni with close to max brightness (7hours-ish), Laptop is 2 years old.

In my BIOS I disabled the SD Card reader and the Touchscreen, otherwise everything as is. Mac OS 10.14.4 and dark void files from 2 months ago.

Attachments

Motherboard
Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
GeForce GTX 970
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
WAU sounds brilliant .. would you buy this thing today, or which one is maybe easier und better?