Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I know that you can fiddle with the P and C states but tbh, I get 8 to 9 hrs of battery life so the idle free modification suffice for me. If you managed to get the P and C states right that would be awesome nonetheless!
Hey man, since I finally fixed my xps13 (i5 7200u like yours) could you maybe share your config to get such battery time? I am using files from the-darkvoid repo, with its CPUFriend kexts and still I get 3h...Everything is totally messed up as you can see in the screenshot...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 20.57.41.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 20.57.41.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 195
Hey man, since I finally fixed my xps13 (i5 7200u like yours) could you maybe share your config to get such battery time? I am using files from the-darkvoid repo, with its CPUFriend kexts and still I get 3h...Everything is totally messed up as you can see in the screenshot...

Sure, I attached it. I also deleted my serial numbers so be careful if you just copy it and want to use iMessage! Currently running a full day at uni with close to max brightness (7hours-ish), Laptop is 2 years old.

In my BIOS I disabled the SD Card reader and the Touchscreen, otherwise everything as is. Mac OS 10.14.4 and dark void files from 2 months ago.

Attachments

• Clover Stable Copy 2.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 195
WAU sounds brilliant .. would you buy this thing today, or which one is maybe easier und better?

Sure, I attached it. I also deleted my serial numbers so be careful if you just copy it and want to use iMessage! Currently running a full day at uni with close to max brightness (7hours-ish), Laptop is 2 years old.

In my BIOS I disabled the SD Card reader and the Touchscreen, otherwise everything as is. Mac OS 10.14.4 and dark void files from 2 months ago.
After testing a little bit... THANKS. I can finally use my xps for work, power consumption is super low. I changed the aml file as suggested here and everything is working like a charm :)

Hi guys, just recently updated to 10.4.5 from 10.4.3, and now my trackpad doesnt work (touchscreen works though). Grepping voodoo on kextstat shows that voodooI2C are loaded.

A bit of background, I've been using voodoPS2controller.kext only, on my previous config, but prior to updating to 10.4.5, I updated my config using darkvoid's latest repo. At this stage, I lost functionality on my trackpad. Hence, I added the VoodooI2C.kext and Voodoo12CHID.kext into my kexts folder, and it fixes the problem. However, once I updated to 10.4.5, I lost the trackpad functionality again. Can anyone suggest where to start looking? Thank you

Hi guys, just recently updated to 10.4.5 from 10.4.3, and now my trackpad doesnt work (touchscreen works though). Grepping voodoo on kextstat shows that voodooI2C are loaded.

A bit of background, I've been using voodoPS2controller.kext only, on my previous config, but prior to updating to 10.4.5, I updated my config using darkvoid's latest repo. At this stage, I lost functionality on my trackpad. Hence, I added the VoodooI2C.kext and Voodoo12CHID.kext into my kexts folder, and it fixes the problem. However, once I updated to 10.4.5, I lost the trackpad functionality again. Can anyone suggest where to start looking? Thank you

Try my fix from a few months back, maybe it works for you too, had the same issue.

Open your config.plist, navigate to Kernel and Kext patches and add the following line under the submenu "ForceKextsToLoad": \System\Library\Extensions\IOGraphicsFamily.kext

Solved it for me.

Try my fix from a few months back, maybe it works for you too, had the same issue.

Will give it a go! Thanks Richylitschy!

Btw, did you do anything other than disabling touchscreen and card reader, and using the updated SSDT to disable type c ?? I can't seem to see a significant drop in intel power gadget and battery life. My battery holds only approx 3h.

If you can't get it to work again, please attach a troubleshooting archive :)
Make sure you're using latest VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID.

Will give it a go! Thanks Richylitschy!

Btw, did you do anything other than disabling touchscreen and card reader, and using the updated SSDT to disable type c ?? I can't seem to see a significant drop in intel power gadget and battery life. My battery holds only approx 3h.
Have you downloaded the file from the GitHub issue page? I mean this one, the last comment from darkvoid

If you can't get it to work again, please attach a troubleshooting archive :)
Make sure you're using latest VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID.

Yeah true, I should've added the troubleshooting items. I did a temporary workaround, though reverted to my old configs, and updated to the latest kexts. I guess it was something to do with the clover config. Gotta look at it carefully :D

Have you downloaded the file from the GitHub issue page? I mean this one, the last comment from darkvoid

Yes, I did compile the dsdt from that specific commit. So let me get this straight, after I updated the SSDT-TYPC.aml in my config, I should expect a drop on the PKG under Power, right? Something under 1.00, when type-C port isn't in use? Thanks @Coletz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back