Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
Dell XPS13 9360 - Clover
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Been running it since release day without any issues.
what have you done in order to update? I can't boot anymore... I tried updating clover but now everything is ****ed, maybe I'll just restart from scratch since the disk itself was nearly empty

Edit: managed to get something back, at least I can read log again.
Now I'm getting "[IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #", which seems fixable with "-disablegfxfirmware".
Once applied, I get errors about SMC and after about 5 minutes I get the apple logo with the loading bar...Which seems stuck at 60%. Now I'll wait an hour before shutting down, just for sure

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 (9360)
CPU
i7-8550u (8th Generation) Kalby Lake - R
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
what have you done in order to update? I can't boot anymore... I tried updating clover but now everything is ****ed, maybe I'll just restart from scratch since the disk itself was nearly empty

Edit: managed to get something back, at least I can read log again.
Now I'm getting "[IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #", which seems fixable with "-disablegfxfirmware".
Once applied, I get errors about SMC and after about 5 minutes I get the apple logo with the loading bar...Which seems stuck at 60%. Now I'll wait an hour before shutting down, just for sure
I didn’t have to do anything, just applied the update.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Question: Do you guys have hibernate support disabled with latest Mojave / DarkVoid repo files?

I just did a fresh setup on my XPS13/9360 (switched to SATA SSD from NVME). I forgot to disable hibernate, machine fell asleep and seemed to wake up normally from power button, aside from Bluetooth needing to be disabled/re-enabled.. Just wondering if it's reliable or if I just keep it off.

Motherboard
MSI Z170 Gaming M7
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
R9 Fury X
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi folks,

Today I got a mysterious failure as the whole system just hung up while working. The keyboard, trackpad and the power button didn't show any reaction (except the long press on the power button). Rebooting stopped at the Apple boot screen.
I didn't make any changes to the laptop recently. After updating kexts to latest version from the-darkvoid, boot without injecting kexts, I had the same problem on the following normal boot again. The solution was to disable AirportBrcmFixup.kext.
I think my wifi card (BCM94352z) is broken :(
I booted Ubuntu from USB, installed Broadcom drivers and wanted to connect to my network -> System hung up again. Surprisingly, Bluetooth is still working:confused:
Does someone have other ideas apart from buying a new wifi card?
Thank you! :)

Edit: Decided to open the notebook and just reinsert the wifi card, seems to work again.

Edit2: Had to do the reinsert again:shifty:

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI Z170 Gaming M7
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
R9 Fury X
Mobile Phone
iOS
@sbreezemac :
had the same problem again some minutes ago. After I reinserted the card, I did 'sudo dmesg' but I cannot see any useful information. Maybe because the hardware works again and 'dmesg' only prints infos from the last startup on? I can't do 'dmseg' when the failure occurs, as the system doesn't react on any input.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
@sbreezemac :
had the same problem again some minutes ago. After I reinserted the card, I did 'sudo dmesg' but I cannot see any useful information. Maybe because the hardware works again and 'dmesg' only prints infos from the last startup on? I can't do 'dmseg' when the failure occurs, as the system doesn't react on any input.
Do you have your killer card still at disposal? Then just try it for once, you won't have wifi but just test if the system freezes again.

Motherboard
NUC8i7BEH
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi, guys. I thinking to buy the 9360, and install macOS on it. It is enought stable for software developement (xcode, visual studio, .. ) and daily usage ? And the Keyvault is working (for security reason) ? Or should i use some 3rd party app for encryption ?

Thanks.

Motherboard
MSI Z170 Gaming M7
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
R9 Fury X
Mobile Phone
iOS
Do you have your killer card still at disposal? Then just try it for once, you won't have wifi but just test if the system freezes again.
Yep, have it, but not at my parent's house where I am till Sunday. I will test it next week! :)

Hi, guys. I thinking to buy the 9360, and install macOS on it. It is enought stable for software developement (xcode, visual studio, .. ) and daily usage ? And the Keyvault is working (for security reason) ? Or should i use some 3rd party app for encryption ?

Thanks.
I am a informatics student. I often use Visual Studio Code without any issues. Also Eclipse, MPLabX and Matlab. Everything works as good as on my previous MacBook Air. I can't tell you about Xcode compatibility, as I don't use it (but I installed it, startup works). The only problems I have with MacOS is the lack of software support for some special FPGA development software (Altera/Intel, Xilinx).