Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
XPS 9360 2.9.0
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620 3200x1800
Personally I am quite impressed with how stable OpenCore 0.1 is. But you are right, Clover works just as well at this stage. Let's keep an eye on how either develops. The advantage of OpenCore is that it is a new clean EFI bootloader from scratch, while Clover has significant legacy attached.

As for staying on Clover because it works, sure, I don't plan to drop Clover support at all.
The OpenCore manual looks pretty nice, too. There is a lot of accumulated knowledge in there. https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/raw/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf

One thing that's weird is that the repository on github has pull requests (a handful have now been merged) but not issues.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360 (KabyLake R)
CPU
Intel i7 8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I removed the WhateverGreen.kext from my CLOVER\kexts\Other path on my USB and booted but I get the same output. I don't have the other kexts there. Perhaps there is something I'm missing here. My configuration uses the i7-7500u. I also left the default kexts in place when I made my Clover USB. I simply just overwrote what was there with your clover folder, and then also moved the files form the root kexts folder into the Clover\kexts\Other path as well. I followed the video guide here to configure my USB.
Please share your trouble-shooting files as per Rehabman's troubleshooting thread.

Hello guys, I'm new at hackintosh. I have a xps 13 9360 and everything works fine. I choose not to swap my WLAN Card. Now I have a USB adapter from TP-Link. Now the Problem is, I can't install/use a certificate for my University Network like Telekom CA2. If I try to install the certificate I got a "WLAN Payload" Error and can't install a profile. Maybe it's because that I have to use a Wireless Utility App for my WLAN connection and not the native Mac Network Connection.

Anybody a idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I just setup a new XPS13/9360/8550u/16GB and have it running Mojave thanks all the hard work, esp. @the-darkvoid .

Two issues I have:

1) If I type on the keyboard, the trackpad doesn't register inputs for like 250 msec to 500 msec ; I guess this is to help with palm rejection? Can this be changed? My Macbook doesn't have this behavior and it's quite jarring. Do I need to re-install Windows and mess with Synaptics drivers to set this?

2) Using Intel power gadget, I see ~900 MHz CPU usage, with RAM drawing more than CPU and total draw around 2W idle. Is that normal?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
I just setup a new XPS13/9360/8550u/16GB and have it running Mojave thanks all the hard work, esp. @the-darkvoid .

Two issues I have:

1) If I type on the keyboard, the trackpad doesn't register inputs for like 250 msec to 500 msec ; I guess this is to help with palm rejection? Can this be changed? My Macbook doesn't have this behavior and it's quite jarring. Do I need to re-install Windows and mess with Synaptics drivers to set this?

2) Using Intel power gadget, I see ~900 MHz CPU usage, with RAM drawing more than CPU and total draw around 2W idle. Is that normal?
1) Same thing here, wasn't there in windows so I guess its an VoodooI2C thing.

2) Compare with my i5-7200u, I guess your CPU is newer and should have a comparable efficiency? Tho it has 2 more cores, maybe the draw more energy. CPUFriend is setup with the right FreqTables?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Motherboard
Asus Z170I PRO Gaming
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
GTX 1060
It would seem that IOGraphicsFamily is crashing.

To be sure, disable BrcmPatchRAM, SMC sensors and WhateverGreen
If I disable whatevergreen I get about 4 minutes of "Hash data from ME never returned" (attached) and it eventually boots into the system but with a whole lot of screwed up colors. Tried the latest official whatevergreen.kext as well.

I can also boot without whatevergreen and add "-disablegfxfirmware" which gets rid of the screwed colors but I end up without GPU acceleration, right?

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
Intel i7 8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello guys, I'm new at hackintosh. I have a xps 13 9360 and everything works fine. I choose not to swap my WLAN Card. Now I have a USB adapter from TP-Link. Now the Problem is, I can't install/use a certificate for my University Network like Telekom CA2. If I try to install the certificate I got a "WLAN Payload" Error and can't install a profile. Maybe it's because that I have to use a Wireless Utility App for my WLAN connection and not the native Mac Network Connection.

Anybody a idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance
WPA-EAP might simply not be supported on your USB Wifi dongle. Check the specifications?

Motherboard
CPU
Intel i7 8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
If I disable whatevergreen I get about 4 minutes of "Hash data from ME never returned" (attached) and it eventually boots into the system but with a whole lot of screwed up colors. Tried the latest official whatevergreen.kext as well.

I can also boot without whatevergreen and add "-disablegfxfirmware" which gets rid of the screwed colors but I end up without GPU acceleration, right?
If you disable WhateverGreen indeed -disablegfxfirmware is required not to have Apple drivers try and update your IGPU firmware. The hash data never returned error is the firmware update failing.

Since your computer boots, it seems like your WhateverGreen.kext is not finding a proper configuration when loading.

Two things I can think of:
  • New device properties added in config.plist are not present in yours, WhateverGreen needs this to set the correct framebuffer configuration
  • Some of your DSDT AML files in the patched folder are not up to date as per the repository.
    This could cause a conflict in WhateverGreen as well, as the configuration moved from SSDT table to Device Property injection.