Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VI Impact
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Install ComboJack (included in latest update) with ./XPS9360.sh --combo-jack and select the option 'headset' when prompted on plugging in your headset.

Yeah, I did. I followed the steps given in the repo of the ComboJack creator (including replacing CodecCommander with VerbStub) and I have the options everytime I plug in a headset / headphone. After doing this, assuming that I'm using a headset and choosing the "headset" option do I suppose to have a headphone out, and headset mic? Rather than headphone out and line in?

Thanks =)

Motherboard
ThinkPad T450S
CPU
I5-5500U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Install ComboJack (included in latest update) with ./XPS9360.sh --combo-jack and select the option 'headset' when prompted on plugging in your headset.
hi, the titles about BCM43162 has been closed , so i am here want to know, if you have get it worked. Thank you :)

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360 (2017)
CPU
Intel Core i5 7200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620
Updated to latest repo state. No matter what I do, I can only prevent kernel_task spinning like crazy if I use layout_id=11 (boot arg: alcid=11). Seems to be an issue with the 7200U model maybe? I wonder if you could provide an SSDT using layout_id=11 instead of 56... Bootarg feels a bit hacky...

Btw. thanks @the-darkvoid and @Richylitschy for integrating the 7200U CPUFriend profile.

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VI Impact
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Updated to latest repo state. No matter what I do, I can only prevent kernel_task spinning like crazy if I use layout_id=11 (boot arg: alcid=11). Seems to be an issue with the 7200U model maybe? I wonder if you could provide an SSDT using layout_id=11 instead of 56... Bootarg feels a bit hacky...

Btw. thanks @the-darkvoid and @Richylitschy for integrating the 7200U CPUFriend profile.

Hey mfuesslin, in darkvoid's latest repo, go to DSDT/SSDT-config.dsl. Assuming that you have the latest repo, inside that ssdt-config.dsl,
- find Name(AUDL, 0x0d) <------- layout-id 13.
- Comment out Name(AUDL, 0x0d), and
- uncomment Name(AUDL, 0x0b) <-----layout-id 11.
- Save that file, and then run ./XPS9360.sh --compile-dsdt.

If it's successful, you will find the compiled file under CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-Config.aml of the cloned repo.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi!
I've read all your guide but I see a couple of potential issues which I'd prefer to discuss.

I have the XPS 9360 with Killer wifi (that I would prefer not to swap) and Toshiba NVME. I'd like to install a dual boot configuration with Windows 10 and OS X, preferentially preserving the original Windows 10 installation. Is it possible to adapt your installation guide to a dual boot installation ? Or it is better to install os x to an external USB drive?

Thanks for your answer

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Is anybody using the HibernationFixup.kext with working hibernation? Was wondering on which mode to pick, 3 or 25. Cheers

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Updated to 10.14.4, unfortunately the Touchpad isn't working anymore. I tried to update the VoodooI2c kexts and cleared the kextcache, but no luck.

I inject every kext via clover except the Brcm ones, as this is recommended by the thread owner and several other people (and everything worked flawlessly on 14.3).

Does anyone have the same issue or a solution? Would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise I will have to reinstall 10.14.3 tomorrow evening, as I didn't do a full backup...

Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed it by force-loading the IOGraphicsFamily kext via the config.plist.

Attachments

• debug_29172.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 170
  • Clover.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
I7-7550U
Graphics
Iris Plus 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!
I've read all your guide but I see a couple of potential issues which I'd prefer to discuss.

I have the XPS 9360 with Killer wifi (that I would prefer not to swap) and Toshiba NVME. I'd like to install a dual boot configuration with Windows 10 and OS X, preferentially preserving the original Windows 10 installation. Is it possible to adapt your installation guide to a dual boot installation ? Or it is better to install os x to an external USB drive?

Thanks for your answer
Killer WiFi does not work due to absence of drivers. You can leave it inside and use an external (USB) WiFi module.

Regarding the dual boot, there are some guides on the forum about partitioning the disk to work with Windows, but I’ve always preferred to leave those on separate drives to avoid problems.

First of all, thanks @the-darkvoid for your awesome work, to keep the git-repo up-to-date. Since I've installed macOS on my xps 13 9360 I've several times updated to the newer Versions/kexts flawlessly. Love it.
(I'm not allowed to send private messages due to my low reputation)

One quick question:
Has anyone managed to disable the startup-chime? Mine is playing on every start at like 300% volume, which is unacceptable in university/public in general. I've already tried several appstore-apps and the "sudo nvram SystemAudioVolume=%80" command.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First of all, thanks @the-darkvoid for your awesome work, to keep the git-repo up-to-date. Since I've installed macOS on my xps 13 9360 I've several times updated to the newer Versions/kexts flawlessly. Love it.
(I'm not allowed to send private messages due to my low reputation)

One quick question:
Has anyone managed to disable the startup-chime? Mine is playing on every start at like 300% volume, which is unacceptable in university/public in general. I've already tried several appstore-apps and the "sudo nvram SystemAudioVolume=%80" command.
you can remove AudioDxe-64 from drivers64UEFI