Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VI Impact
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Install ComboJack (included in latest update) with ./XPS9360.sh --combo-jack and select the option 'headset' when prompted on plugging in your headset.
Yeah, I did. I followed the steps given in the repo of the ComboJack creator (including replacing CodecCommander with VerbStub) and I have the options everytime I plug in a headset / headphone. After doing this, assuming that I'm using a headset and choosing the "headset" option do I suppose to have a headphone out, and headset mic? Rather than headphone out and line in?

Thanks =)

CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050 & HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Install ComboJack (included in latest update) with ./XPS9360.sh --combo-jack and select the option 'headset' when prompted on plugging in your headset.
hi, the titles about BCM43162 has been closed , so i am here want to know, if you have get it worked. Thank you :)

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360 (2017)
CPU
Intel Core i5 7200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620
Updated to latest repo state. No matter what I do, I can only prevent kernel_task spinning like crazy if I use layout_id=11 (boot arg: alcid=11). Seems to be an issue with the 7200U model maybe? I wonder if you could provide an SSDT using layout_id=11 instead of 56... Bootarg feels a bit hacky...

Btw. thanks @the-darkvoid and @Richylitschy for integrating the 7200U CPUFriend profile.

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VI Impact
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Updated to latest repo state. No matter what I do, I can only prevent kernel_task spinning like crazy if I use layout_id=11 (boot arg: alcid=11). Seems to be an issue with the 7200U model maybe? I wonder if you could provide an SSDT using layout_id=11 instead of 56... Bootarg feels a bit hacky...

Btw. thanks @the-darkvoid and @Richylitschy for integrating the 7200U CPUFriend profile.
Hey mfuesslin, in darkvoid's latest repo, go to DSDT/SSDT-config.dsl. Assuming that you have the latest repo, inside that ssdt-config.dsl,
- find Name(AUDL, 0x0d) <------- layout-id 13.
- Comment out Name(AUDL, 0x0d), and
- uncomment Name(AUDL, 0x0b) <-----layout-id 11.
- Save that file, and then run ./XPS9360.sh --compile-dsdt.

If it's successful, you will find the compiled file under CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-Config.aml of the cloned repo.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi!
I've read all your guide but I see a couple of potential issues which I'd prefer to discuss.

I have the XPS 9360 with Killer wifi (that I would prefer not to swap) and Toshiba NVME. I'd like to install a dual boot configuration with Windows 10 and OS X, preferentially preserving the original Windows 10 installation. Is it possible to adapt your installation guide to a dual boot installation ? Or it is better to install os x to an external USB drive?

Thanks for your answer

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Is anybody using the HibernationFixup.kext with working hibernation? Was wondering on which mode to pick, 3 or 25. Cheers