Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
MSI Z170 Gaming M7
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
R9 Fury X
Mobile Phone
iOS
I also have no way to right click, with the trackpad. There was another report 10 or so pages back. Anybody have any ideas?

I'll post problem reporting files tomorrow, after I've finished my final post-install task (USB UIAC).
Do you use the-darkvoid files? Enabled "Secondary click" and "Tab to click" in System Preferences -> Trackpad?

Motherboard
XPS 9360 2.9.0
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620 3200x1800
Yes, I do. Oh, I was trying to use "secondary click" without "tap to click," but I guess it's not possible.

Motherboard
Dell XPS13 9360 - Clover
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Would be very helpful to understand how to generate CPUFriend data provider correctly. I've only seen a lot of people providing pre-generated data, but I can't find anyone describing the process. Can you @jkbuha give at least an hint on what to do? I totally understand if you can't/don't have time/don't want to bother with it anyway

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360 - 2017 (Clover)
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook
I also have no way to right click, with the trackpad. There was another report 10 or so pages back. Anybody have any ideas?

I'll post problem reporting files tomorrow, after I've finished my final post-install task (USB UIAC).
Yes, I finally figured it out, by reading the VoodooI2C help / troubleshooting thread.

Here's the file - pull out the 2 kexts and put them in the EFI - Clover - Kext - Other folder, replacing the ones provided by DarkVoid. https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/files/2721949/VoodooI2C.zip

Relevant thread: https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/issues/108#issuecomment-450975161

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Would be very helpful to understand how to generate CPUFriend data provider correctly. I've only seen a lot of people providing pre-generated data, but I can't find anyone describing the process. Can you @jkbuha give at least an hint on what to do? I totally understand if you can't/don't have time/don't want to bother with it anyway
I've never used CPUFriend before, but now I need to learn how to use it given I have an 8th Gen CPU.

Will take a look when I'm back from travels next week. In the meantime stay tuned :)

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360 (2017)
CPU
Intel Core i5 7200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620
Everyone who suffers high CPU load because of kernel task (AppleHDA related issue):
I downloaded most recent version 1.3.5 and added bootarg "--alcid=56" in Clover. I do not see any kernel_task related CPU spikes anymore.
Relevant line in changelog:
  • Fix ConfigData in ALC256 (3246) for Dell Series by Insanelydeepak
So all hail to Insanelydeepak.

I would also be interested in an easy to understand guide how to generate CPUFriend vectors. I tried myself but I have no idea how to get the frequency vector "payload" for my CPU 7200u. There was no related model released, so I cannot use a preexisting apple-profile to get the vectors.

Motherboard
Dell XPS13 9360 - Clover
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Everyone who suffers high CPU load because of kernel task (AppleHDA related issue):
I downloaded most recent version 1.3.5 and added bootarg "--alcid=56" in Clover. I do not see any kernel_task related CPU spikes anymore.

I would also be interested in an easy to understand guide how to generate CPUFriend vectors. I tried myself but I have no idea how to get the frequency vector "payload" for my CPU 7200u. There was no related model released, so I cannot use a preexisting apple-profile to get the vectors.
I am getting a little bit messy on audio kexts. Are you using only AppleHDA? I am not getting functional audio with AppleHDA; only with VoodooHDA, but not through HDMI (while pc and bt audio works fine). I copied the folder of another user and I ended up having AppleHDA, AppleALC and VoodooHDA, but I don't need them all for sure, so what are you using?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360 (2017)
CPU
Intel Core i5 7200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620
I am using just AppleALC.kext in Clover's kext directory (on EFI partition) + CodecCommander.kext in /Library/ (main partition of mac os") + added boot arg "alcid=56" in clover configurator / config.plist. No other kext relating to audio.

Motherboard
XPS 13 (9360)
CPU
i7-8550u
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
I am using just AppleALC.kext in Clover's kext directory (on EFI partition) + CodecCommander.kext in /Library/ (main partition of mac os") + added boot arg "alcid=56" in clover configurator / config.plist. No other kext relating to audio.
THank you so much.

After I applied the settings to make AppleALC.kext function, lid-wake works!!

I am going to update my tutorial. Again, thank you mfuesslin

Motherboard
Dell XPS13 9360 - Clover
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android

Are you sure it is the 1.3.5 and not the 1.3.4? I am looking at acidanthera github repo (https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases) and the latest version is 1.3.4, which includes the fix you are talking about - Fix ConfigData in ALC256 (3246) for Dell Series by Insanelydeepak