Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're attempting to boot the installer from a SATA device, SATA-unsupported.kext is missing from kexts/Other.

Thanks for the reply, I've added the SATA-unsupported.kext in the kexts/Other but still getting a panic when I try to boot the installer.

Attachments

• 7e6fcbc8-2f34-4ab2-b2ff-b3adbbf10120.jpg
    7e6fcbc8-2f34-4ab2-b2ff-b3adbbf10120.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 64
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 68
To the user who was working on the unlocked bios: I just wanna put it out there that I've successfully unlocked hidden menus (thermal, voltage, etc.) on the bios before, just couldn't flash it. So if you need any advice for that part of the process let me know.

Any updates on how it's going?

Thanks for the reply, I've added the SATA-unsupported.kext in the kexts/Other but still getting a panic when I try to boot the installer.

No panic shown in your image.

To the user who was working on the unlocked bios: I just wanna put it out there that I've successfully unlocked hidden menus (thermal, voltage, etc.) on the bios before, just couldn't flash it. So if you need any advice for that part of the process let me know.

Any updates on how it's going?

Yes I have prepared a fully unlocked BIOS as well. Until very recently I couldn't flash it back due to verified boot, but we've now uncovered a way to do so - though for now you will need a hardware programmer (and patience).

I will reach out to you shortly when I have a software method to flash this back safely.

Hey guys, just wondering about the battery condition on your xps 9360. I just checked mine using Coconut Battery. After about 1.5 years of use (basically has been running OSX 10.12 since day 1), the full charge capacity has dropped to about 70% of the design capacity. I mostly leave it plugged in whenever in use, unless I'm in class. Just curious if this is kind of normal? Because iirc, my previous Macbook's battery's health doesn't drop this quick.

Same here. Battery dropped to 70% after 2 years of use. Macbook (1 year older than the Dell) is at 85%.
Quite upset with Dell tbh - my older XPS15 still has 75% of battery use after 8 years.

Hi, RehabMan!
Could you please help find out, why OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller (keyboard) of dell xps 13 9360 don't work.

Version RehabMan-Voodoo-2018-1008.zip from your bitbucket repo, installed by instruction from github.
Problem resolving archive in attachments.

It is obvious in your kextcache output. You didn't install the kext correctly:
Code:
VoodooPS2Controller.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Refer to the FAQ for correct kext install procedures:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Has anyone managed to get rid of the boot logo glitch that happens on the progress bar at about 50% for mojave?

It can be reduced by setting legacy boot/CSM and using WhateverGreen.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back