Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean that I installed them to the wrong directory because I thought Mojave used L/E, or do you mean I am missing Kexts in the L/E directory?

The latter.

Last edited:
There is a workaround for Mojave. Yes,I have it in my config.

Everything works except you need 5 fingers to active 4 finger gestures.

@soto2080 can you share your clover folder and setup? I have the same model as yours and I'm unable to get Mojave to work with @the-darkvoid clover folder. Thank you.

So, I've followed silently for some time. Have the latest bios (2.10), Latest Mojave update, in a completely fresh install. My system is quite similar to Dark-Void (only 8GB ram and FHD screen are differences). Trackpad works perfectly in Windows 10, but on Macintosh partition the I2C kext seems to be giving me problems; I can't right-click, whether by two-finger method or bottom right, preference pane seems to have no effect. Gestures don't work either. Just basic mouse movement and single-click. I've dug through the I2C troubleshooting thread, and I've concluded I don't have any GPIO pinning issues that I can tell based on IOReg and the system log of Voodoo-related entries.

Log showed "[SSCN / FGCN] not implemented in ACPI tables", which I understood to be not a concern.

Only VoodooI2ControllerDriver entry that stumped me was, "Warning: Error getting bus config, using defaults where necessary"

I have nearly stock Clover installation from Dark-Void's repository. Only config.plist differences are System Serial/Board ID, choice of default booting volume, enabling the hiding of legacy windows boot entries, and adjusting the RAM entries. On the MacOS side, the only L/E kexts added are the two Brcm*, CodecCommander, and AppleHDA_ALC256, accomplished via Dark-Void's script (Sound / Bluetooth / Wireless are working properly). I am using the provided CPUFriend additions in the Clover Kexts/Other folder as I have the matching i7-8550 CPU they meant to use.

One note: I did have a LOT of trouble getting the Gen_Debug to let me save IORegExplorer output in the /var/root/Desktop folder, no permissions to save to root-only folder, had to manually add permissions in Finder during script execution, but I finally got that accomplished, and I should have a complete debug file for any willing helpers to view.

Attachments

• debug_8362.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back