Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still use VoodooPS2Controller to drive the keyboard. VoodooI2C is just for the trackpad.

Sorry for bothering, but what kind of VoodooPS2Controller do you use? Is it self built of VoodooPS2Keyboard from RehabMan github repo, or it's kext from bitbucket?

It's doesn't work on my configuration (VoodooPS2Controller from bitbucket) with VoovooI2C, maybe it's need some additional configuration?

Thanks!

I assume the DVMT variables would be the same between the i7-7560U and i7-7500U models?

I don't have Windows on my laptop, so I can't use the method described on these forums.

Sorry for bothering, but what kind of VoodooPS2Controller do you use? Is it self built of VoodooPS2Keyboard from RehabMan github repo, or it's kext from bitbucket?

It's doesn't work on my configuration (VoodooPS2Controller from bitbucket) with VoovooI2C, maybe it's need some additional configuration?

Thanks!

Bitbucket-ed and modded to suit my configuration. I've tailored the keyboard plist to my tastes, so you may need to amend.

Attachments

• VoodooPS2.zip
    83.2 KB · Views: 72
Just updated to BIOS .10 without any trouble, FYI.

Updated and ran some tests. All looking good. Slight changes in the ACPI configuration, but otherwise same as previous versions.

Just installed Mojave on my 9360. I used @the-darkvoid GitHub for kexts. My Audio and Bluetooth don't work. My machine has a i7 8550u and a DW1830 card. The card uses the same kexts as the DW1560 so I thought the WiFi/BT would work fine with the Kexts from the GitHub. As for Audio, the GitHub has some audio files but I'm not sure how to use them. Any help would be appreciated. Also just to verify I did this correctly, post install I just copied over the DSDT as is from the GitHub. Is there anything else I need to do?

Last edited:
Just installed Mojave on my 9360. I used @the-darkvoid GitHub for kexts. My Audio and Bluetooth don't work. My machine has a i7 8550u and a DW1830 card. The card uses the same kexts as the DW1560 so I thought the WiFi/BT would work fine with the Kexts from the GitHub. As for Audio, the GitHub has some audio files but I'm not sure how to use them. Any help would be appreciated. Also just to verify I did this correctly, post install I just copied over the DSDT as is from the GitHub. Is there anything else I need to do?

I ran into the same issue with audio & Bluetooth post-install.

To solve the audio issue, the method I used was to clone darkvoid's repository & execute the XPS9360.sh script using the --patch-hda argument.

Still haven't got Bluetooth working, unfortunately.

I ran into the same issue with audio & Bluetooth post-install.

To solve the audio issue, the method I used was to clone darkvoid's repository & execute the XPS9360.sh script using the --patch-hda argument.

Still haven't got Bluetooth working, unfortunately.

Did you do anything for the DSDT files besides just them over from the Github? Just wondering if we have to compile/generate them like the post install of this guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back