Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
So you are using version 2017-10-01 v1.81.4? Had some erratic trackpad issues too, but only on battery, not on charging. I'm on 10.14.1
Yes - the older builds work fine on Mojave. Had issues with the newer builds when on battery. Not sure why as of yet.

Been there before. Any heat and pressure on the screen can lead to that, temporarily. After a few hours of regular use, it should return to normal.
I used to have that with the AC charger in hot weather. With the USB-C charger, the power delivered is lower (and thanks to undervolting, lower draw as well) so I've never had that since then.

Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
My latest EFI folder has been uploaded a couple pages back. No changes since then.
Hi, jkbuha!
Now increased dvmt value 0x785 to 0x04, and trying your efi folder, but got error - "This version of mac os x not supported on this platform".

-no_compat_check did't help, just stuck on this black screen without any details

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Attachments

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
That's strange - did you get this error just by increasing the dvmt value?

Also remember that with my efi folder you will need to enter your own specific platform details, serial numbers etc. I deliberately remove them to ensure they don't get blocked etc.

Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
That's strange - did you get this error just by increasing the dvmt value?

Also remember that with my efi folder you will need to enter your own specific platform details, serial numbers etc. I deliberately remove them to ensure they don't get blocked etc.
Yep, strange, maybe i forgot to fill something except the SMBIOS?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
Intel i7-7500U
Graphics
Intel Graphics HD 620 / QHD Screen
Hey,

Seems like a few people update to Mojave. What's the best way to update? I am on High Sierra, should I go through the App Store or better to install using USB Key EFI?

Thanks

Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Successfully moved to

1. @jkbuha - you was right about DVMT value, THANKS! without increasing the value Mojave KPs on startup (IntelFrameBuffer) - High Sierra works fine with 0x02 value, but Mojave fails without 0x04

2. Problem with stuck on ++++++ on startup, i don't know whats was wrong and i think it's related to loading from USB SSD

@jkbuha - what is your current value for undervoltage? I have tried values from 0x32 to 0x64 and didn't find any stable value to prevent KP's on startup

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI Z170 Gaming M7
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
R9 Fury X
Mobile Phone
iOS
I do have some problems while using the trackpad and the keyboard simultaneously. The keyboard blocks the trackpad input for about a second after a key got pressed or released. I attached my problem reporting files.
I am on 10.14.1 using a Crucial MX500 SATA SSD, on a XPS 13 9360 i7-7500u with UHD screen and 16GB memory.

Edit: Former I had some erratic trackpad problems, I solved them by using an older ACPIBatteryManager.

Attachments

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
You using I2C in polling mode or interrupt mode?
How can we tell which method we're using?
Seems like the issues some of us are facing with the newer versions of ACPIBatteryManager are because we're using one method not the other?

Is it because of a different _BIF?