Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 (9360)
CPU
i7-8550u (8th Generation) Kalby Lake - R
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Apparently, my trackpad ceased functioning properly... *sigh*
I have no clue at all why it stopped working. I moved my kexts to /S/L/E as recommended by @RehabMan in his thread. Did I carry out something goofy in the process?

Does it function as it should in Windows? I’d check this first to rule out a hardware issue.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
i5 7200U
Graphics
Intel HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Does it function as it should in Windows? I’d check this first to rule out a hardware issue.

Definitely not a hardware related issue. It works on Windows.

As per FAQ, all kexts you need should be installed to /L/E (on 10.11 and later), not /S/L/E.
Read here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I thought /S/L/E is pretty much the same as /L/E ? I migrated the kexts to /L/E, still the same behavior (aka not working).

Attachments

• debug_15874.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 171

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Dell Latitude 7400
CPU
i5 8365U Coffee Lake
Graphics
Intel HD620 FHD
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@jkbuha thanks for sharing your config. as I have the same processor, I’m using your native Power Management solution. What battery life do you get approx?
Mine seems very low compared to Windows...(unfortunately..)

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
I7-7550U
Graphics
Iris Plus 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone! I successfully updated to Mojave in the end but I'm still struggling to get a couple of things work. My major concern at the moment is with audio. I've followed the instruction on @the-darkvoid 's GitHub page but everything I'm trying is unsuccessful (both AppleALC dynamic patch and custom injection through the script provided). The only thing I was able to use is VoodooHDA, but the microphone is barely usable with it and it's not a very good solution.

Looking at what happens when I launch the script there's probably something I'm doing wrong (not clue on what though)
I've copied the terminal output here https://pastebin.com/RtvE5Px8

The other thing is about sleep. If I forget the lid opened it works fine, but if I close the lid it crashes (black screen on opening, impossible to do anything -have to force shutdown long pressing the button). Any clue on what I could do?

PS: As many other I also experience some kp on startup, but as soon as I boot in verbose mode the system boots without any problem. Weird. Not a major concern though

Attachments

• ZarkstarClover.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone! I successfully updated to Mojave in the end but I'm still struggling to get a couple of things work. My major concern at the moment is with audio. I've followed the instruction on @the-darkvoid 's GitHub page but everything I'm trying is unsuccessful (both AppleALC dynamic patch and custom injection through the script provided). The only thing I was able to use is VoodooHDA, but the microphone is barely usable with it and it's not a very good solution.

The other thing is about sleep. If I forget the lid opened it works fine, but if I close the lid it crashes (black screen on opening, impossible to do anything -have to force shutdown long pressing the button). Any clue on what I could do?

PS: As many other I also experience some kp on startup, but as soon as I boot in verbose mode the system boots without any problem. Weird. Not a major concern though
you need to have your laptop specs in your hardware profile (as per rules)
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
I7-7550U
Graphics
Iris Plus 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
you need to have your laptop specs in your hardware profile (as per rules)
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I've added it, I thought I did before but I was wrong.

A side note to my previous post: in one of the comments the-darkvoid said that the layout that had to be used with the custom HDA was 2, while in the GitHub page it's been said to use layout 1. I've tried both in the config and the result is the same (not working). However, I'm not sure if there is another variable which is prioritised in another file

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Looking at what happens when I launch the script there's probably something I'm doing wrong (not clue on what though)
I've copied the terminal output here https://pastebin.com/RtvE5Px8

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
I7-7550U
Graphics
Iris Plus 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry, my fault again. Here are the files.

Regarding the sleeping problem, it only occurs if I close the lid. I've left it sleeping for a couple of hours and it worked nicely, but as soon as I closed it I wasn't able to wake it up correctly. Still no clues about the audio problem. Thanks for the help in advance

Attachments

• debug_18865.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 161