Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360R Clover
CPU
i5-8250u
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Bought this exact laptop, 9360 (i5 8250, QHD Touch). The hackinstosh made me bite the bullet. After reading page 5 or 6 where someone asked if it could be used as a daily driver with hackintosh and you said no, unless you're a programmer. Do you think now it can be a reliable daily hackintosh?

Bought it to use at university but have until September to get everything working without issues.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360R QHD+ Touch
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
HD620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Bought this exact laptop, 9360 (i5 8250, QHD Touch). The hackinstosh made me bite the bullet. After reading page 5 or 6 where someone asked if it could be used as a daily driver with hackintosh and you said no, unless you're a programmer. Do you think now it can be a reliable daily hackintosh?

Bought it to use at university but have until September to get everything working without issues.

This was a long time ago, I use my XPS as a daily driver, works perfect, I study something with engineering so I mainly use it for Matlab and Simulink. Works fine, if you study something with media design I would buy an external usb mouse, because the trackpad is not perfect, for normal usage it is fine :)

Motherboard
Asus Z170I PRO Gaming
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Using darkvoids repo I have the Mojave Beta running perfectly. Only thing I had to replace was the IGPU.aml with config.plist injection.

On another Note: Anyone running dualboot with Windows 10? I get constant lockups / freezes while running Windows 10 on battery with the latest windows updates enabled. Its basicly unusable, have to hold power and hardreset every time this happens.

Edit: Okay it seems to be related to the broadcom DW1560. Swapped that back and Windows doesnt freeze anymore. Weird but offtopic anyway

Last edited:
Motherboard
XPS13 9360
CPU
i7-8550u
Graphics
uhd620
This was a long time ago, I use my XPS as a daily driver, works perfect, I study something with engineering so I mainly use it for Matlab and Simulink. Works fine, if you study something with media design I would buy an external usb mouse, because the trackpad is not perfect, for normal usage it is fine :)
Yep, definitely usable as a daily driver.
The only problem I have now, is that the battery life is still less than what I get in Windows.
Cpu package wattage keeps at 1.9W lowest when idle.

Yep, definitely usable as a daily driver.
The only problem I have now, is that the battery life is still less than what I get in Windows.
Cpu package wattage keeps at 1.9W lowest when idle.

yep, idle power consumption on windows can drop to about 2-3W on Windows vs. 5-7W on macOS (for me personally, i7 8500U, stock toshiba NVMe SSD, card reader disabled).

Can anyone with an optimal setup with power management for the SSD and optimal CPU power management report their power consumption windows vs os x? (i used AIDA on windows to find out power consumption in W)

Motherboard
Asus Z170I PRO Gaming
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Is there an alternative for the BCM94352Z? Since it crashes Windows for me I would like to purchase another card instead of sitting on two if my current one is not faulty.

Edit: Ok, did some research. The BCM94350ZAE, DW-1820A should work out of the box, is that right?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
Intel Core i7-7560U @ 2,4 GHz
Graphics
Intel Iris 640 FHD
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Is there an alternative for the BCM94352Z? Since it crashes Windows for me I would like to purchase another card instead of sitting on two if my current one is not faulty.

Edit: Ok, did some research. The BCM94350ZAE, DW-1820A should work out of the box, is that right?
nope, DW-1830 only with special windows drivers. But you''l have to deal with bluetooth issues across reboots through various OS. DW-1820A have only BT working natively under macOS.

Motherboard
Dell xps 14 - 0T8078 (clover)
CPU
i5-3317u
Graphics
Hd4000 + nvidia 630m (disabled with dsdt\ssdt)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I guess you mean leave it where the script puts it (/L/E)? Just ran the script again with the original installed AppleHDA.kext reinstalled in /S/L/E. I'll update the kext cache and reboot twice and see how it goes.....

Ok, rebooted twice and no audio. Then removed codeccommander and then rebooted twice. Still not audio.

Attached is the patched injector kext.
Did you ever get your system working with the audio? I am about where you left off.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360 (KabyLake R)
CPU
Intel i7 8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Excellent find - VoltageShift is a safer (non-permanent) way to test UV settings. It correctly lists the already-undervolted components and provides a continuous monitoring option

I've also found another component to undervolt (Analog I/O) which seems to be working well (though unsure what the real-world difference will be). Still, every little (undervolting) helps....

What are your current successful undervolt values for CPU & GPU?

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
-75mV is stable on high loads for both CPU & GPU. This is for the i7-7500u
What are you seeing on Coffee Lake?