Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
asus z97-a
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
intel hd 620
Swapping the wifi card may void warranty, but all it takes to revert to a stock system is that you don't sell the killer card and swap it again in case of hw issues.

thats exactly what i was thinkig about :)

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9360
CPU
Intel i7-7200
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620 QHD
After a long battle it seems I got my XPS 13 QHD Touch Stable (Finger's crossed). It seemed that the audio driver hates sleep or switching to my external soundcard on my mixer. I suspect the audio driver was making kernel_task skyrocket in CPU usage.

Question: My 9360 came with an M2 SATA drive, anyone know if it will take an M2 NVMe?

@bozma88

I have good news. Regarding the Wifi/BT chip. I bought a BCM94352z without an A-key. BUT, I was successfully able to cut a notch into it with a dremel (cutting disc) and it works perfectly. Mine was a Lenovo one from eBay.

SO, finding a unicorn A-keyed BCM94352z isn't absolutely necessary - if you have a dremel, a steady hand, and balls, you can do it with an E-keyed one.

For anyone who attempts this... be very careful. I take no responsibility for if you break anything.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel i5 3570K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 650ti Boost
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After a long battle it seems I got my XPS 13 QHD Touch Stable (Finger's crossed). It seemed that the audio driver hates sleep or switching to my external soundcard on my mixer. I suspect the audio driver was making kernel_task skyrocket in CPU usage.

Question: My 9360 came with an M2 SATA drive, anyone know if it will take an M2 NVMe?

Yes it will take NVME drive mine came with Hynix PC300 512GB and it works fine with bozma88's instructions.

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360 (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500u/Dell 0T3FTF
Graphics
HD620, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Have you handle this about camera? @RaymondXie
I got the same problem as you.
I know nearly nothing about the camera kext. What I can do is waiting for the camera light fading out(taking a long time), which means it will work again

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360 (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500u/Dell 0T3FTF
Graphics
HD620, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Found a sad bug for me...
When I use Safari with the language option (Chinese), a click of CapsLock can lead to a non responsible state. So I could only force quit it.

Motherboard
Xps 13 9306
CPU
i5-7200u
Graphics
HD620
Found a sad bug for me...
When I use Safari with the language option (Chinese), a click of CapsLock can lead to a non responsible state. So I could only force quit it.
Try different encoding, it might help

Motherboard
Asrock Z390-Phantom-Gaming-itx
CPU
I9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Hey guys,
I've got a problem about bluetooth.
It seems a bug of sierra. My bluetooth become "not available" after sleep when I left.
Energy Saver setting "Put hard disk to sleep when possible" on. I don't know if it related.

If you guys meet same problem, try this.
[Solution]:
1.Open Finder and go to /Library/Preferences/
2.Find "com.apple.Bluetooth.plist" and remove it.( ! IMPORTANT: empty trash or it won't work.)
3.then shutdown( ! IMPORTANT not reboot)
4.open your XPS and enjoy

I'll test if it's about the Energy Saver setting "Put hard disk to sleep when possible" .

Last edited: