Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm getting the same benchmark result against my old macbook :mad:

Where is the bottleneck?

Can anyone help me please?
Compare your GeekBench result on Windows vs. macOS.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
Intel i7-7500U
Graphics
Intel Graphics HD 620 / QHD Screen
Probably because you don't have config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true
The plist in this post are for 10.12 and not for 10.13 sadly.

Also do not use AFPS for your drive, it does not work that well and you get a few issues.

I also had to add shiki kext to get iTunes stables, don't know if that is the case for anyone else?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Probably because you don't have config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true
The plist in this post are for 10.12 and not for 10.13 sadly.

Also do not use AFPS for your drive, it does not work that well and you get a few issues.

I also had to add shiki kext to get iTunes stables, don't know if that is the case for anyone else?
Thank You for the help, do you know where I can find a good plist?

I was looking to install Mac OSX Sierra on my Dell XPS 13 9370 but looking through this form I come to find that it might not be possible since the killer wireless card is soldered onto the board. I was wondering why this would prevent me from installing/using sierra on my machine. Is it just that drivers for the killer wireless chip set don't exist for OSX? I have Ubuntu Artful Ardvark installed on it and the generic drivers seem to work just fine. Why is it that you couldnt use those drivers for OSX?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
oops..it looks like I uploaded the wrong config file.
I am using the config file of "config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist" from your below link as I am running 10.13.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config
however my laptop keep rebooting during loading bar screen, once I revised the FakeID to the invalid one, it boots up.
no idea which FakeID should I use...
could you do me a favor, show me what is wrong? thanks a lot.
Have you solved the problem?
I'm in the same situation: rebooting during loading bar screen.

There is also a guide for enabling wifi? I don't swap the original card but now I am able to use bluetooh without wifi.
I have read that there is a guide for that from darkvoid but I can't find it.

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Have you solved the problem?
I'm in the same situation: rebooting during loading bar screen.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

There is also a guide for enabling wifi? I don't swap the original card but now I am able to use bluetooh without wifi.
I have read that there is a guide for that from darkvoid but I can't find it.
See recommended WiFi in the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Motherboard
XPS 13 9360
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
I was looking to install Mac OSX Sierra on my Dell XPS 13 9370 but looking through this form I come to find that it might not be possible since the killer wireless card is soldered onto the board. I was wondering why this would prevent me from installing/using sierra on my machine. Is it just that drivers for the killer wireless chip set don't exist for OSX? I have Ubuntu Artful Ardvark installed on it and the generic drivers seem to work just fine. Why is it that you couldnt use those drivers for OSX?
Killer Wireless drivers are available in Linux, but not (completely) in source code form. It's up to KW to git a fully open source repo, and a kind soul to write a kext wrapper for them. Neither are easy, unfortunately. Then there's the issue of KW performance, which I won't go through here...

You *can*, however, purchase a USB wifi card that will work for macOS (most likely USB-A, not USB-C); it will add to the battery life drain and you will have to carry it around. But the right USB card will work in Ardvark and macOS and let you do a lot of interesting things under Linux as well...

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360 (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Killer Wireless drivers are available in Linux, but not (completely) in source code form. It's up to KW to git a fully open source repo, and a kind soul to write a kext wrapper for them. Neither are easy, unfortunately. Then there's the issue of KW performance, which I won't go through here...

You *can*, however, purchase a USB wifi card that will work for macOS (most likely USB-A, not USB-C); it will add to the battery life drain and you will have to carry it around. But the right USB card will work in Ardvark and macOS and let you do a lot of interesting things under Linux as well...
I'll add:
Have a look at one of my previous replies. I have documented a way of using thre internal USB header to connect a small USB device (in my case, a Logitech Unifying receiver). On 9370, you have to discover whether that header is still predent. I suspect it is, since there's the (unused) touch-screen.
It may be a way to integrate a small (and underperforming) USB wifi card...