Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone experiencing really sluggish performance/ lag while scrolling on facebook or other sites? I am suspecting it is usually triggered when video contents are loaded.

Edit: Only chrome seems to be affected. Safari scrolls fine. Maybe flash is to be blamed? I will check Firefox soon.

Last edited:
deleted

Last edited:
Important: DSDT Patches not needed anymore, as we are using hotpatching now. Leaving all this work for reference, with strikethrough text formatting.

which guide did you use for this? i've been happy with my own setup/patching scripts. but i see that this method is pretty 'neat'. thanks

Morning all, and happy Sunday.

After much experimenting I've figured out a way to make the changes permanent (using IFR variables), and I've also found a way to patch the BIOS to retain these changes to ensure they get applied at POST (safer), not in NVRAM (risky). Problem is that I can't seem to find a way to repack the BIOS in a state that is re-flashable.

If anyone has had any experience with modding and repacking the 9350/9360 BIOSes, please get in touch. Once this last piece of the puzzle is solved it will be safe to share all the BIOS modding work I've done over the last few weeks.

If anyone has a 9360 with a hynix pc300 nvme ssd could they kindly post the kext and other associated files that allowed it to show up in the installer? Thank you!

Thank you for a great guide! Apart from the track pad, which is rubbish no matter what os is installed, the XPS13/OSX is fantastic! :thumbup:

Thanks, sadly it's not that easy.

I've been doing this a while for previous XPS generations. The 9360 BIOS is structured and packed in a new way (using double compression) that will require the updating of tools previously used for the job. I've reached out to the creator of a well known modding tool for his help in supporting this generation of BIOSes, hopefully will revert soon.

Thanks, sadly it's not that easy.

I've been doing this a while for previous XPS generations. The 9360 BIOS is structured and packed in a new way (using double compression) that will require the updating of tools previously used for the job. I've reached out to the creator of a well known modding tool for his help in supporting this generation of BIOSes, hopefully will revert soon.

ok, please post your findings here if and when you do find a resolution.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back