Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey im gonna sound like an idiot here but I replaced the files in my EFI folder with the hotpatch and I cant boot my laptop past the apple logo.

I have a backup of my working EFI but its on my the mac's desktop. Could I get some help with accessing my files so I can restore them?

Here's a shot...

When you are in the Clover menu screen, boot with -s. Hopefully you'll get to the command prompt and manually copy the files back to the EFI folder.

If unsuccessful, you'll have to boot with an installation USB and select Terminal before the install process, copying the files back the same way.

Fixed it! If anyone runs into the same problem, you can boot into Clover via your original installation USB, access your MacOS partition and restore your EFI.

Hey im gonna sound like an idiot here but I replaced the files in my EFI folder with the hotpatch and I cant boot my laptop past the apple logo.

I have a backup of my working EFI but its on my the mac's desktop. Could I get some help with accessing my files so I can restore them?

Just got my 9360 delivered. This particular sample has a Samsung PM961 SSD instead of the Toshiba I was looking forward to...

I've done some experimenting with HWP and a tweaked power profile under 10.12.6.
It's still WIP and risky as bozma88 has reiterated countless times.

But the results are encouraging, so far.

Question - has anyone ever experimented with BIOS CFG unlocking and undervolting on the 7500/7560? In theory we can run an undervolted (or overclocked, or both) laptop with a combination of BIOS mods and X86PlatformPluginInjector configuration...

Attachments

• Idle_MacBookPro9,1_hotpatch_HWP_10_12_6.png
    Idle_MacBookPro9,1_hotpatch_HWP_10_12_6.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 169
Please share your configs and your experiments about undervolting via bios and HWP configs.
On win, you have XTU utility, but settings do not persist after a cold boot.
-100mV on CPU and GPU should work on KBL.

One reason I gave-up on HWP was because of different base CPU frequency when connecting-disconnecting a peripheral on the USB-C port. I think it was due to incomplete implementation of thunderbolt/usb3.1/something.
That should be investigated more.

I'm about to try a fresh install using the 10.12.6 image from the app store. If I apply the hotpatch to clover, do I need to do anything else in the OP besides confirming my bios settings and DVMT patching? No need to do any of the DSDT patches?

No DSDT patches with hotpatching!

Static still present in latest audio update for me, as well as popping.

Yes, you are right, seems like 1/10 times the audio pop is still present...

Please share your configs and your experiments about undervolting via bios and HWP configs.
On win, you have XTU utility, but settings do not persist after a cold boot.
-100mV on CPU and GPU should work on KBL.

One reason I gave-up on HWP was because of different base CPU frequency when connecting-disconnecting a peripheral on the USB-C port. I think it was due to incomplete implementation of thunderbolt/usb3.1/something.
That should be investigated more.

I've attached my (WIP) X86 kext for MB91 and MBP132. Both exhibit similar performance now, I have not yet experimented with KBL smbios yet but that is the next step. Credit to @syscl for the majority of the work to date is his.

Attachments

• x86.zip
    46.4 KB · Views: 79
One more issue.
Get some problems with wake up from sleep.

XPS 13 9360 10.12.6 Bios 1.3.7
setup_var 0x785 0x2

EFI zip in attachments.

Test case:
1. Put to sleep xps using Sleep button in apple menu.
2. Wait until power button light is off
3. Open lid
4. Power light will turn on, but xps don't
5. Profit!

I have the same thing. I've disabled sleep for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back