Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
All files from attachments of your post - 10.12.5 hotpatch.

Thank you!
As I thought, you have an invalid SMBIOS.
It lacks many mandatory values.

@bozma88
I decided to try the update, but as I saw the only available BIOS at dell is 1.3.7 and since today...
Should I try?

Why not? Hotpatching should make BIOS updates less problematic.
1.3.7 likely updates Kaby Lake microcode, like the newest BIOS for 9560...
Just updated to 1.3.7, several key components have been updated (EC, USB-C firmware).
Everything seems ok.

Last edited:
Why not? Hotpatching should make BIOS updates less problematic.
1.3.7 likely updates Kaby Lake microcode, like the newest BIOS for 9560...
Just updated to 1.3.7, several key components have been updated (EC, USB-C firmware).
Everything seems ok.

Meanwhile, the new BIOS retained the value of variable 0x785

and everything works!
except the type-c to usb3 hot plug (needs reboot)

Last edited:
I have the previous generation system (9350) which has the exact same audio chip set and layout. Using the CloverHDA and Codec Command with the ALC SSDT I get a fairly strong static thorugh the headphone jack. I mean you can still hear the audio fine but it is annoying. Speakers work fine without static. Anyone else have this problem?

Hey,
I use Dell 7560 i7 7500U DDR4 8GB, 940MX, Intel 620.
I have achieved a proper working Hackintosh on this laptop. Everything is working, Battery, Sound, Brightness, Bluetooth. Graphics 620.
But there are still few minor issues.
1. Battery doesn't shows how much time ?
2. Headphone not working, no sound from headphone jack. And sound from speakers is also low. Realtek ALC 256 (3246)
3. Keyboard Command Key.

I am attaching the DSDT.aml and DSDT.dsl file. Can anybody please help me solving the 6 errors left for compiling. Once compiled, i will be able to solve these issues. Please help solving DSDT errors. Please find attached DSDT file.

Regards,
Ravi Singh

Attachments

• DSDT Dell 7560.zip
    100.4 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back