Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360 (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
10.12.6 confirmed working.
Kaby Lake CPU and GPU now work using native drivers.

The good news is a 10% increase in GPU performance and a 5% increase in CPU performance (tested in Geekbench 4). That's due to native drivers.
Battery life may improve, too. I think I could reach 10 hours at 100% screen brightness. It's dropping 1% every 10 minutes... never seen such a slow discharge rate. We'll see.
Energy monitor is still crashing, unfortunately.

Everything works, including sleep, audio, HDMI audio, brightness keys.

Please test the config I attached to this post.

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 02.33.44.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
thanks bozma sorry for the question in your zip file there is a EFI folder an a EFI BASIC install folder which one should replace the EFI folder in the boot disk ? Basically what I am doing is installing clover into the boot disk that has two partitions one for clover and the other for the OSX installer. I am installing clover into the clover partition and then replacing the contents of the EFI folder with the contents of your zip file.
EFI BASIC is a streamlined version used only to boot the installer.
You have to place the full EFI folder in your SSD's EFI partition.

Motherboard
MSI GS60 2QE - Bootloader Clover Version 2
CPU
Haswell 4710HQ Core I7 2.5 GHz Motherboard is Micro Star limited Intel Mobile HM87 Express chipset
Graphics
Intel HD 4600/GTX 970m(disabled by BIOS) Resolution 1920x1080
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
thanks, when I try to boot with the original clover the installation hangs, I tried a copy paste of the EFI basic install folder into the EFI Folder in the usb stick, when I do that and boot clover the option to install osx no longer appears, I guess I am not doing things right.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
Intel i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel HD620
@bozma88 replacing NVMe with SATA drive fixed the Hibernate-Corruption issue? :)
It would be awesome to be able to increase stand-by battery life with hibernation.. let me know! :)

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13
CPU
Core i7-7560U
Graphics
Intel 640 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
1) Mine works
2) Never seen this happen. Check RSSI levels by clicking icon with ALT pressed
3) Shift+ins is not mapped to power dialog, how did you manage to do this?
4) Correct. It needs a Mac plist with brightness sensor and ALS0 device implemented
5) I don't understand why you would map alt to caps lock.........................
1) At which % do you get red battery icon and which % do you get the low batt popup?
2) RSSI is fluctuating up and down, icons from other networks show different signal strengths, its the active network that will always show at 100% on menubar.
3) Sorry, I meant fn + ins, it reboots instead of sleeping.
4) Will try to fix this :)
5) I always map caps lock to alt key because old keyboards don't have alt key so I'm used to that

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
@bozma88 replacing NVMe with SATA drive fixed the Hibernate-Corruption issue? :)
It would be awesome to be able to increase stand-by battery life with hibernation.. let me know! :)
Sleep power consumption likely unaffected. It's already almost infinite, losing no more than 2-3% per night...

1) At which % do you get red battery icon and which % do you get the low batt popup?
2) RSSI is fluctuating up and down, icons from other networks show different signal strengths, its the active network that will always show at 100% on menubar.
3) Sorry, I meant fn + ins, it reboots instead of sleeping.
4) Will try to fix this :)
5) I always map caps lock to alt key because old keyboards don't have alt key so I'm used to that
1) 6% I think
2) Never seen that happening
3) you likely have problems in your config. Try latest 10.12.6 beta files
4) remember to disable iServices and change S/N before switching SMBIOS or you might get banned
5) Your choice :)

Motherboard
XPS13
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi!
tried your clover folder with usb.
just changed the SerialNr.

Question:
do I need my patched dsdt? (When the file is in the ACPI folder I get kernel panic)
(need it usually for Appstore EN0 as well)

have following issues.
brightness keys don´t work
idle needs approx. 5W

Thank you for your amazing work!

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Hi!
tried your clover folder with usb.

Question:
do I need my patched dsdt?
(need it usually for Appstore EN0 as well)

have following issues.
brightness keys don´t work
idle needs approx. 5W

Thank you
No DSDT...
Everything is hotpatched.
For Appstore and iServices, you need a working Wifi card as EN0 and a properly configured SMBIOS with unique and valid serial numbers. I won't cover the details here.
You have to put the files on USB, add the missing S/Ns in the clover plist, clear caches and reboot.
BIOS 1.3.5 and OS 10.12.6.

Motherboard
XPS13
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
No DSDT...
Everything is hotpatched.
For Appstore and iServices, you need a working Wifi card as EN0 and a properly configured SMBIOS with unique and valid serial numbers. I won't cover the details here.
You have to put the files on USB, add the missing S/Ns in the clover plist, clear caches and reboot.
BIOS 1.3.5 and OS 10.12.6.

Bios is 1.3.5. OS 10.12.16.
My serial worked since your thread startet here.
My wifi is the same as yours. - I startet to inject by DSDT a EN0 internal card.
OK - deleted all network preferences including file - now - Appstore works now!

Now idle is between 0,96 and 1,2 W without CardReader
The only issue nowhere brightness keys.
Maybe I deleted an apple kext in S/L/E for Brightness fix 2 month ago...
Have to find my memories....

Last edited: