Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice to see Dell using Iris Graphics (at least as an option)... It is quite rare amongst PC manufacturers...

Please fix your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

What processor do you have?

User x4080 has the user profile filled out correctly. Look to the left of each message posted by x4080.

Hi,
For proper reboot,shutdown,sleep ,try to use the smbios-imac17,1 and redo the acpi patching process,generate ssdt.aml and ssdt.usb.aml before i had those issues with other smbios in sierra.my clover folder,patches and kexts are attached for your reference try to patch your own acpi.serial number left blank in the plist.

Sorry to bring up the past - university has been killing me and I never really fixed my reboot. My sleep seems to work just fine, everything works perfectly other than rebooting, my rebooting consists of the system getting to a point where the computer stays on but the entire OS seems to unload. I remember there being a patch to the config.plist file but I never really got it working. Here's my current config.plist file, if anyone could help me fix rebooting, that would be great!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
  • Kexts.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 157
  • Patches.zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Nice to see Dell using Iris Graphics (at least as an option)... It is quite rare amongst PC manufacturers...

It seems great that XPS 13 9350 use Iris 540 and that's the reason why I choose it. But to be honest, Iris 540 on laptop drains too much power and causes overheat. Non Iris version XPS 13 Skylake model always benefit one or two more hours battery life with lower core temperature. That's a great deal... Maybe can partly explain why so many MacBookPro13x users complain about the temperature and battery life of their new laptops...

I think maybe that's the reason why Dell cancel Iris model in the Kabylake XPS 13.

I think maybe that's the reason why Dell cancel Iris model in the Kabylake XPS 13.

I think no Kaby Lake CPUs with Iris graphics released by Intel yet.

User x4080 has the user profile filled out correctly. Look to the left of each message posted by x4080.

Helps by you :)

It seems great that XPS 13 9350 use Iris 540 and that's the reason why I choose it. But to be honest, Iris 540 on laptop drains too much power and causes overheat. Non Iris version XPS 13 Skylake model always benefit one or two more hours battery life with lower core temperature. That's a great deal... Maybe can partly explain why so many MacBookPro13x users complain about the temperature and battery life of their new laptops...

Its the QHD+ panel that eats lot of battery in my opinion, the heat is not so much during regular work (but without power attached)

With power attached, the bottom is not comfortable above bare legs

Anybody tried thunderbolt 3 to monitor in mac os yet ? What is the result?

IMG_0963.PNG
Apologize for posting off topic here but I'm tying to view the forum on HWP speed shift and I continue to get this error every time I try to pull the page up. Any ideas what is causing the issue or is it a server issue? Appreciate the help.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-shift-on-skylake-and-up-enabler-kext.206090/

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back