Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was using the latest version of iasl in github, and there will be errors.

No, not if you do it correctly, as I outline in post #454.
I already tested it with the ACPI/origin in post #451.

No, not if you do it correctly, as I outline in post #454.
I already tested it with the ACPI/origin in post #451.

Patched DSDT included, no error when compiling, won't boot.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 83
Is it possible to use patched DSDT without patched SSDTs, meanwhile using 'hotpatch' in clover to patch those SSDTs?

You can actually hotpatch DSDT, but usually the patches required for DSDT can be complex, which makes the hotpatch complex as well.

But yes, it is possible to do the complex patches (such as battery) by using static patching, and use hotpatch for the rest. The complexity of doing so depends on the patches required.

You should probably read the hotpatch guide. It is linked from the main ACPI patching guide, which is linked from the FAQ (and post #458).

Hi,
I have patched DSDT and SSDT correctly, and they work. Brightness etc working good and system is nice and functional. (WiFi/Bluetooth not working due to unsupported Intel 8260 card - going to replace this with a DW1830/1560 soon.)

Only problem is that I experience bad battery life.

I've tried to enable HWP and use that instead but it yields the same battery life as with SSDT.
It is giving me 4 HRS battery life under OS X, when in Windows I can get easily 7/8 hours under the same usage (web browsing).

Through HWSensors it reports I'm using ~2.5W total CPU, and CPU frequency keeps spiking from 500 or 700MHZ to 2+ GHZ randomly even though there is nothing open and its idle.

Infact, if I remember correctly, I had the same battery life (~4HRS) without SSDT or HWPenabled at all. Do I need to do anything extra to make power management work correctly?

Any idea why? I'm using the 2016 MacBook Pro 13 smbios.
XPS 13 9350, i5 6200U HD520, 8GB RAM, 256NVME PM951 SSD.

EDIT: Also no audio from headphone jack. Mic/Speaker works fine though. (Using VoodooHDA)

Thank You!

Last edited:
Guys, finally solve the HDMI/DP output issue on XPS 13 9350, credit myself,...LOL

Here's the proof
View attachment 224963

I will later update what I do to power it up. Correct the framebuffer is not enough, we have to touch the AppleHDA.

Cheers,

syscl

Syscl - Bravo on your tool to hack the 9350! I appreciate the hobby of doing it yourself and I have built around 8 hacks in my day, but this time I just wanted to get a laptop up and running quick as I just couldn't bear to buy one of the new MacBook Pros at those prices for last years tech.

I wanted to ask if you have figured out screen brightness keys using the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext? Fn + Prt Scr/wifi key increases brightness and the sun shows on screen but can't figure out where decrease key is. Ideally, I'd like these keys to be F11 and F12 without needing function key. Audio and keyboard brightness keys work as expected without function key.

Meanwhile some good news. Got working sleep and hibernation on our laptop!:headbang:

Hey there,

Im running the 9350 FHD with a 6500U and the Toshiba 256GB

My install freezes at like 2/3 of the initial loading bar.

I just want to make sure I am doing this right. I followed RehabMans clover guide using the GPT partition then installed clover with UEFI boot only. Then deleted the clover folder contents from the USB and placed all of the HD520 files in its place.

Is this the intended method of installation?

Hey there,

Im running the 9350 FHD with a 6500U and the Toshiba 256GB

What kind of SSD? (NVMe, AHCI, or SATA?)

My install freezes at like 2/3 of the initial loading bar.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back