Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should not expect working audio without patched AppleHDA components installed and correct ACPI patches.

After carefully patching and error correcting DSDT, when booting with the patched DSDT in verbose mode, Clover literally showed nothing but to reboot, which is really disappointing. For SSDTs I believe I can use 'hotpatch', but it is really hard to get the DSDT working, I tried both iasl 6.1 and the latest one on Github by compiling it, nothing worked.

VoodooPS2 1.8.25 works really great now.
Sharing my own tweaks for Dell XPS9350.

* added momentum horizontal scroll
* detect 4 fingers, instead of three fingers for swipes
* 3 finger drag (from tluck's fork)
* jittery pointer hack for my laptop (or maybe for all XPS13)

https://github.com/icedman/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Edit: removed kext.zip, bugs. just build from source if you wish to use

Last edited:
Meanwhile some good news. Got working sleep and hibernation on our laptop!:headbang:
Thanks to @syscl many previous bugs were fixed and are still being fixed, but they aren so numerous remaining.

The v2 changelog:
Sleep works
Hibernation works
HWP fully works (from 0.5GHz up to 3.2GHz automatic frequency scaling)
CPU sensors fully works
Trackpad fully works(gestures/prefpane)
Keyboard was adapted to our layout
Now two verisions, one for late 2015 i5-6200U/i7-6500U, the other for early 2016 i7-6560U
Only one line difference, but should work. Well, I hope so:beachball:
That is all for now. ZIPs added to the original post.

Bit by bit we're gonna make this machine work as designed!

For v3 I'll need two owners of different wlan modules: one with DW1820A and the other one with DW1560. Would be nice if you get working the modules simply by adding kext patches to clover config. If so, we ll be ready to a truly universal solution for the whole 9350 linea.

Last edited:
Meanwhile some good news. Got working sleep and hibernation on our laptop!:headbang:
Thanks to @syscl many previous bugs were fixed and are still being fixed, but they aren so numerous remaining.

The v2 changelog:
Sleep works
Hibernation works
HWP fully works (from 0.5GHz up to 3.2GHz automatic frequency scaling)
CPU sensors fully works
Trackpad fully works(gestures/prefpane)
Keyboard was adapted to our layout
Now two verisions, one for late 2015 i5-6200U/i7-6500U, the other for early 2016 i7-6560U
Only one line difference, but should work. Well, I hope so:beachball:
That is all for now. ZIPs added to the original post.

Bit by bit we're gonna make this machine work as designed!

For v3 I'll need two owners of different wlan modules: one with DW1820A and the other one with DW1560. Would be nice if you get working the modules simply by adding kext patches to clover config. If so, we ll be ready to a truly universal solution for the whole 9350 linea.

Thanks for this! For the most part this works on my i7-6560U, but I do not have any sound. Any chance you have looked at moving to https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12? Per https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12/issues/2 seems everything except 3.5mm mic is working.

After carefully patching and error correcting DSDT, when booting with the patched DSDT in verbose mode, Clover literally showed nothing but to reboot, which is really disappointing. For SSDTs I believe I can use 'hotpatch', but it is really hard to get the DSDT working, I tried both iasl 6.1 and the latest one on Github by compiling it, nothing worked.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back