Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Now, Brightness save issue fixed:
Due to brightness cannot successfully save to NVRAM, I use another way to save brightness:
  • Install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • Install RC Script to target volume
  • Install IntelBacklight.kext
  • Reboot to enjoy your brightness save
Credit RehabMan's IntelBacklight.kext and Clover's EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

All changes can be found in my GitHub: https://github.com/syscl/XPS9350-macOS

cheers!

syscl

What SSD are you running? I have everything but trackpad and keyboard working (i.e. trackpad is glitchy and keyboard's mapping is somewhat incorrect as well as the fact that I have to toggle caps lock many times in order for it to actually toggle)

I'm running DW1560 for wireless, PM951 for SSD and i7 6500u for CPU. if our files are similar, try using my clover file!

Mucho gracias to Maxexcloo, TheAlpa, Rehabman, and a lot of other people who have helped me so far!

NOTE: SSDT's in patched ACPI are of type *.bak because for some reason I'd get stuck on boot booting with those in my recent experiences. I boot in without them with full compatibility, if anyone can help me understand the reasons behind this, it'd be much appreciated!

ALSO: Let me know if I can do anything to make the clover folder better and more organized or more readable!

I'm not running anything on my SSD as of yet, I'm doing everything on an external drive so that when everything is working nicely all I'll have to do is clone the drive and put it in the SSD.

The keyboard issue is a Sierra issue and there are no fixes as far as I know.

My XPS is a carbon copy of Maxexcloo, except for the SSD, I'll check out your Clover folder and report later to see if I can get the Wifi to work.

For those who suggest DW1560 for XPS 13 9350 is definitely a huge misleading......
So it doesn't really work?

Well I haven't try it in 10.12 but it definitely works in 10.11. Cannot find a reason that DW1560 do not work.

The AppleAPIC patch is no longer needed/does bad things for current versions. Remove from your config.plist.
Using the _OSI->XOSI patch is not valid without the SSDT that implements the XOSI method.

For those who suggest DW1560 for XPS 13 9350 is definitely a huge misleading......

Define what you mean by misleading? the DW1560 Wifi Card works with macOS without essentially having to do what is, essentially a mythological dance of turning on the wifi 3 times, rebooting into windows and rebooting into macOS, crossing your fingers and hoping that the 1820A card works. DW1560 works with the patches given by @maxexcloo right out of the box on macOS 10.12.0 and above (probably before as well, haven't checked however) (remembering there are additional patches for 10.12.1, 10.12.1 being the latest version so far).

Has anyone been able to get handoff/continuity working properly on their XPS? I tried the activation tool and it basically fried my hard drive. I was unable to boot and had to start all over again.

Also, is anyone having problems with the Skylake DSDT patch? That is the only one hanging up my boot.

Has anyone been able to get handoff/continuity working properly on their XPS? I tried the activation tool and it basically fried my hard drive. I was unable to boot and had to start all over again.

Also, is anyone having problems with the Skylake DSDT patch? That is the only one hanging up my boot.

What is the "Skylake DSDT patch"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back