[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pending Changes:
  • Added HaltEnabler Flag
  • Added HWPEnabler.kext
  • Added syscl_iGPU_MEM2 DSDT Patch
  • Sorted conflig.plist

Issues remain with the system starting again after a power down, USB tweaks and sleep issues (potentially).
Potential issues with HWP, do I need to do anything other than enable in Clover and add the KEXT?

I need help! I finally got the OS installed, but my wifi doesnt work and Idk how to patch my dsdt (without wifi?)

wifi: DW1820

Last edited:
No idea what you mean by "pop up".

If you have an issue booting...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
Just change dropoem to false and nothing left in the ACPI folder.
But stuff like this still appears.

Attachments

• Photo 17-11-2016, 4 51 03 PM.png
    Photo 17-11-2016, 4 51 03 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 183
Pending Changes:
  • Added HaltEnabler Flag
  • Added HWPEnabler.kext
  • Sorted conflig.plist

Issues remain with the system starting again after a power down, USB tweaks and sleep issues (potentially).
Potential issues with HWP, do I need to do anything other than enable in Clover and add the KEXT?

Have you been able to get wifi working?

Just change dropoem to false and nothing left in the ACPI folder.
But stuff like this still appears.

You forgot: Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Have you been able to get wifi working?
What SSD are you running? I have everything but trackpad and keyboard working (i.e. trackpad is glitchy and keyboard's mapping is somewhat incorrect as well as the fact that I have to toggle caps lock many times in order for it to actually toggle)

I'm running DW1560 for wireless, PM951 for SSD and i7 6500u for CPU. if our files are similar, try using my clover file!

Mucho gracias to Maxexcloo, TheAlpa, Rehabman, and a lot of other people who have helped me so far!

NOTE: SSDT's in patched ACPI are of type *.bak because for some reason I'd get stuck on boot booting with those in my recent experiences. I boot in without them with full compatibility, if anyone can help me understand the reasons behind this, it'd be much appreciated!

ALSO: Let me know if I can do anything to make the clover folder better and more organized or more readable!

Attachments

• CLOVERrkmomo.zip
    8 MB · Views: 135
Will my 1820A wireless card not work?
It's hard to make it work. I think out of my 20 tries, it might have worked 2 times. The DW 1560 wireless card is so much better on macOS and it's definitely worth the money!

Pending Changes:
  • Added HaltEnabler Flag
  • Added HWPEnabler.kext
  • Sorted conflig.plist

• RTC patch is not more needed, since Apple use the same value 0x08 instead of 0x02.
  • Apply ADP1 patch, see my GitHub
  • Windows 8 is not correct, since XPS 13 9350 is shipped with Windows 10, use Windows 2015 instead, see my GitHub
  • SSDT::sensorhub issue hasn't fixed, see my GitHub for a update
  • MATH device hasn't been injected correctly, I will write patch for it later(successfully correct this on my computer)
To do:
  • Brightness cannot be saved, so implement EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and I will write script for it to auto save(But this is a temporary solution, I want to figure what's wrong with NVRAM) Now, fixed: EmuVariableUefi-64 + IntelBacklight + /nvram.plist credit RehabMan and syscl
  • Headphone sometimes lose sound, need a further refined
  • High volume cause noise when headphone is injected
  • More optimizations, such as ACPI, virtual keyboard trigger to fix a minor bug that we have to press a key when wake from a deep sleep to light the screen up...
syscl

Last edited:
It's hard to make it work. I think out of my 20 tries, it might have worked 2 times. The DW 1560 wireless card is so much better on macOS and it's definitely worth the money!
For those who suggest DW1560 for XPS 13 9350 is definitely a huge misleading......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back