Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Which cloverHDA.kext
  2. Have you removed the irreverent KEXT Patches and KEXTs (as you're not using the DW1560 many patches are useless for you!)
  3. I don't use hibernate either, sleep seems to work okay (although I really don't trust it yet).
  4. Same here!
  5. I had the same issue actually, anyone aware of how to fix this?
They all do the same thing, really it shouldn't matter!

1. I use your cloverHDA and works, and the strange thing is after updating windows 10 (I have dual boot), mac crashed when boot, I do safe mode crash too, just back to bios boot, and then I reinstall everything, and here's my experiences :
- I remove BCM..., and USBInjectAll, and everything else is in kexts/others in EFI instead in SSD S/L/E, the result is brightness always 100% at boot, after I move all to SSD S/L/E, it works good
- And audio is not works anymore (maybe needs BCM...?)
- And shutdown works ! After some testing, the culprit is USBInjectAll kexts, if using it, it wont shutdown
- Sleep still crashes

2. Not yet, is it affecting anything or just useless? Because BCM.. is working good if I boot windows 10 first, for BT I mean, wifi is on/off and now it cannot turns on (confused)

3. Sleep sometimes work, after sometime it crashes and start from bios boot

In regards to HWP, what makes you think it caused your data loss? I'm noticing worse battery, not sure if it's working?

It's pretty obvious for me:

When using NO HWP my file system is fine.

When using ONLY the config.plist to enable HWP my system crashes within minutes of resuming from sleep and won't boot properly (invalid record count). This didn't just happen once. I got it to reproduce everytime.

When using ONLY the HWPEnable.kext with plenty of sleep during the day and my system was fine, but when I woke up my laptop the next morning my file system got destroyed again. That was about 5 days ago and I've just been avoiding sleep since I got tired of reinstalling macOS.

Maybe this only effects me. Maybe it is caused by HWP and some other variable. Who knows.

Other than that it's working great for me. While idle my CPU throttles down all the way to ~0.4GHz whereas it would only go down to about 1.0GHz without HWP.

It's pretty obvious for me:

When using NO HWP my file system is fine.

When using ONLY the config.plist to enable HWP my system crashes within minutes of resuming from sleep and won't boot properly (invalid record count). This didn't just happen once. I got it to reproduce everytime.

When using ONLY the HWPEnable.kext with plenty of sleep during the day and my system was fine, but when I woke up my laptop the next morning my file system got destroyed again. That was about 5 days ago and I've just been avoiding sleep since I got tired of reinstalling macOS.

Maybe this only effects me. Maybe it is caused by HWP and some other variable. Who knows.

Other than that it's working great for me. While idle my CPU throttles down all the way to ~0.4GHz whereas it would only go down to about 1.0GHz without HWP.

How is battery life after sleeping that long? It's not hibernating isn't it? In my experience, usbinjectall make my XPS cannot shutdown(always restart) and cannot sleep(also restart)

I've noticed A few things with mine, after waking from sleep the display stays blank like its a backlight issue. I also notice after the machine shuts down, it will turn itself back on. Does anyone else have these issues? And with HWP enabled, waking from sleep, the machine will restart after a minute. I went back to using SSDT's.

Both VOODOOHDA and the more native cloverhda with modified layout id produce for me a distorted sound when at higher volume. This is not present in Windows watching the same clips.
Anyone else experienced this?

I think it's time to buy me a ring then, because I got the SSD recognized!

As it turn's out it's a stupid idea to use someone else's SSDTs. (Who would have thought? :lol:)

Anyway, I deleted everything in the Clover AHCI Folder, set DropTables to false and followed azlvda's suggestion and removed all MatchBuild and MatchOS.

The full Clover Folder is attached. Everyone with a XPS 9350, PM951 and HD520 trying to install 10.12.1 should just be able to copy it to their Install EFI Clover folder.

How did you do that? Sorry I'm pretty bad at doing this but I am pretty determined to get it to work. Thanks!!

I have nearly the same Dell XPS 13 (9350) but mine is the QHD+ version with I7-6560U. But the SSD is the only problem. Never gotten the installer to see the PM951 256GB. Thank you!

This is a guide for the Dell XPS 13 9350 (2016 Model), it is a work in progress but the information contained should get you to a working install of macOS Sierra 10.12.1.

Sorry, but your CLOVER config is faulty and not bootable on 6560U. So It's not universal. Many options tried and always got the same result - KP.

Sorry, but your CLOVER config is faulty and not bootable on 6560U. So It's not universal. Many options tried and always got the same result - KP.
I have a 6560u also, The alpha Clover zip on page 12 post #115 works best for me. I suggest you to try it.

It is definitely bootable. I'm on the 6560U too.

I bought a crucial MX300 m.2 sata ssd. However i could not get OS sierra to see it. El capitan could write to it, but it was corrupt after a reboot. Clover couldn't see it either. Is there something wrong with the ssd? Is it not compatible? It is sata. Do i need an 850 evo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back