Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured it out... it was the SMBIOS -- set it to a macbookpro.
Sure can! Also, I want to point out if your having trouble detecting the SSD at the installer, you must dump and patch your DSDT files. Seems my laptop with the i7 is different than most of the i5's out there. Here is my clover, be advised the SSDT/DSDT are mine, and you really should dump and patch your own.

Thanks, I will replace SSDT/DSDT with mine.
and I am hackintosh freshman.

all
i just got new xps 13 9350 i7 6560u
have you checked your minimum clock speed?
mine without ssdt.aaml generated by ssdtprgen i get 0.50
with ssdt.aml smbios imac17,1 i get 1.86
with ssdt.aml smbios macbookpro12,1 i get 1.30

What exact model are you on? Did you apply exactly the DSDT edits listed or some additional ones?
Can you share the PS2 Driver edits? Also, mind attaching CLOVER.zip (strip out your serial numbers though!)
1. Model 9350-8293: Full HD, i7-6500u, 8GB, no touchscreen, Samsung NVMe SSD 256gb, DW1820. Replaced SSD to Samsung Evo 850 and Wi-Fi to DW1560
2. DSDT Edits: Listed patches + one manual replacement for brightness keys:
Code:
Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
            {
                Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x10)
            }

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
            {
                Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x20)
            }
        }
this patch should work too (not tested):
Code:
into method label BRT6 replace_content
begin
If (Arg0 == 1) { Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x10) }\n
If (Arg0 == 2) { Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x20) }\n
end;
3. Attached my PS2 Driver configuration:
Fn key mode 1, means that F keys replaced with function keys, and F keys now is Shift + Caps + F*. You may be will need to press Fn + Esc one time.
Touchpad:
4 finger swipes - right/left - switch desktops(ctrl + arrows), up - close app(cmd + Q), down - minimize window (cmd + M)
3 finger swipes - right/left - forward/backward(cmd + []), up - (cmd + shift + N), down - (cmd + option + space)
2 fingers edge swipe from up - toggle fullscreen (cmd + control + f)
4 fingers press - force quit
2 fingers tap - 3rd button! To press right mouse button, tap with 3 fingers or (ctrl + one finger tap)
zoom working (also command shortcuts - cmd + "+","-")
4. Attached my clover folder without serials

Attachments

• SmartTouchPad config.zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 131
  • CLOVER-74.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
What exact model are you on? Did you apply exactly the DSDT edits listed or some additional ones?
Mind linking the Skylake Graphics Fix? Also, mind attaching CLOVER.zip (strip out your serial numbers though!)

Exact XPS Model or 'Mac' Model?
I have a XPS 9350 with i7-6500u, 1080p Display, Samsung PM951 NVMe SSD, BIOS 1.4.4. Only thing not stock is the DW1560.
My SMBIOS Model is MacBook9,1 due to the truncated model identifier bug.

I applied the follwing DSDT patches:

• [syn] Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
  • [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • [igpu] Brightness fix (graphics_PNLF)
  • [sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
  • [sys] HPET Fix
  • [sys] IRQ Fix
  • [sys] RTC Fix
  • [sys] Skylake LPC
  • [sys] SMBUS Fix
SSDT-1:
  • [gfx0] Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT)
SSDT-0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7x, 8x, 9x, 10x, 11x, 12x, 13x and 14:
  • [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU

My SSDT-ALC256 is copy-pasted from your CLOVER.zip

Compared to the ones listed in your guide I'm missing:
  • [sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
  • [sys] Fix PNOT/PPNT
  • [sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 8)
and added a IGPU patched 7x, 8x, 10x, 12x and 13x. (Are those needed?)

Disclamer: I have no idea what I'm doing and my system crashed (once) forcing me to reinstall . I skipped the OS Check FIX and _WAK Arg0 v2 because I don't quite understand what they do and I just felt like I would probably be fine without them. Any advice as always appreciated!

My drivers64UEFI folder includes a couple more Clover stock drivers. I tried to put a bit research into it and came to the conclusion that I'm just gonna leave them there. Again: input and advice appreciated.

This is the Skylake Graphics Fix I used: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-skylake-menu-bar-glitch-fix.206400/
Currently I'm still running the v1 version of that fix even tough V3 is out.

EDIT: Also don't use this patch for now: HWP in Clover. It works great but when it's not working it will destroy your data!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Exact XPS Model or 'Mac' Model?
EDIT: Also don't use this patch for now: HWP in Clover. It works great but when it's not working it will destroy your data!

Hi TheAlpa, I'm wondering if your clover can be used for 9350 with QHD+ screen? Anything that need to be changed? Thanks for sharing

Figured it out... it was the SMBIOS -- set it to a macbookpro.

Sure can! Also, I want to point out if your having trouble detecting the SSD at the installer, you must dump and patch your DSDT files. Seems my laptop with the i7 is different than most of the i5's out there. Here is my clover, be advised the SSDT/DSDT are mine, and you really should dump and patch your own.

Hi TheParadox2, do you have 1080p or QHD+ model? If QHD+, is touchscreen works? Thanks

Hi TheAlpa, I'm wondering if your clover can be used for 9350 with QHD+ screen? Anything that need to be changed? Thanks for sharing

I think you should be fine. Just make sure you remove 'HWPEnable' from config.plist. Let me know how it went!

I think you should be fine. Just make sure you remove 'HWPEnable' from config.plist. Let me know how it went!
Hi TheAlpa
I've exactly the same XPS 13 as you (but I've the stock wifi).
I tried your config and everything works fine, what doesn't is, of course, the wifi and there's a Kernel Panic just few seconds after the resume from the sleep.
Do you have the same issue or it's related to wifi? Thanks!

Hi TheAlpa
I've exactly the same XPS 13 as you (but I've the stock wifi).
I tried your config and everything works fine, what doesn't is, of course, the wifi and there's a Kernel Panic just few seconds after the resume from the sleep.
Do you have the same issue or it's related to wifi? Thanks!

Snap a picture of the kernel panic and upload your Clover folder. ;) Don't forget to delete your serial number tough.

Snap a picture of the kernel panic and upload your Clover folder. ;) Don't forget to delete your serial number tough.
It's just a freeze, about 3 seconds after the resume.

The clover folder is actually the same as yours. I've only edited the serial number and copied all the kexts into 10.12 folder except the wifi related ones (Brcmxxx, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WIFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back