Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all a big thank you maxexcloo for putting this guide together!

But when trying to open your config.plist XCode reports:
"The data couldn't be read because it isn't in the correct format."

Is this an error on my end?

Ok I edited the config.plist to inject kexts and boot.
However the installer doesn't seem to recognize my NVMe SSD (Samsung PM951 NVMe 256GB)

Do I need anything additionally to Pike's IONVMeFamily Patches?
I tried to put IONVMeFamily.kext into the Others folder, but that didn't seem to do the trick..

EDIT:
I tried putting the 10.12.1 NVMe patches from here in my config.plist; as well as putting the original 10.12.1 IONVMeFamily.kext to kexts/other/ aaaaand the installer still didn't see my NVMe SSD. :(

Then i tried to install 10.12.1 to another USB Stick, installed HackrNVMeFamily.kext to /S/L/E and removed IONVMeFamily.kext, as well as the NVMe patches from config.plist. When checking with kextstat I see that HackrNVMeFamily gets loaded, IONVMeFamily doesn't. But my NVMe drive still does not show up in Disk Utility. :banghead:

I attached my CLOVER Folder (the one I used to try to install Sierra directly to my NVMe SSD) if someone likes to take a look, although it is essentially just maxexcloo's CLOVER Folder with kext injection enabled and the 10.12.1 NVMe patches mentioned above.
Any hints and/or suggestions regarding to what I am doing wrong are appreciated! :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:
However the installer doesn't seem to recognize my NVMe SSD (Samsung PM951 NVMe 256GB)

build for 10.12.1 installer is 16B2657
edit or remove MatchBuild in clover

Last edited:
If you get that being recognized, please marry me?

Seriously though, I've been trying to get this system to recognize my SSD for 3 days now.

If you get that being recognized, please marry me?

I think it's time to buy me a ring then, because I got the SSD recognized!

As it turn's out it's a stupid idea to use someone else's SSDTs. (Who would have thought? :lol:)

Anyway, I deleted everything in the Clover AHCI Folder, set DropTables to false and followed azlvda's suggestion and removed all MatchBuild and MatchOS.

The full Clover Folder is attached. Everyone with a XPS 9350, PM951 and HD520 trying to install 10.12.1 should just be able to copy it to their Install EFI Clover folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 309
The full Clover Folder is attached. Everyone with a XPS 9350, PM951 and HD520 trying to install 10.12.1 should just be able to copy it to their Install EFI Clover folder.

I can already hear the church bells xD. Okay so our systems seem almost 100% identical except I need to do a 10.12.1 update (I've been trying to install 10.12.0) - on that note, how is the rest of the OS on 10.12.1, any substantial issues?

I don't think there are many differences to 10.12.0 except you need an additional patch to get the DW1560 to work.

One thing boggles my mind: For now I'm using the MacBookPro12,1 identifier in Clover, but MacOS reports my Model Identifier as being MacBookPro1. Not 10, not 12,1 just 1. :confused:

"About This Mac" reports my system correctly as being "MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)".

It's not that big of a deal, but since certain scripts seem to use this identifier (such as ssdtPRGen), I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this. My current config.plist is attached. BoardSerialNumber, SmUUID and SerialNumber are deleted for obvious reasons.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.8 KB · Views: 312
@TheAlpa so I was able to install the OS on my laptop but on the first boot (where it's supposed to clean up installation, I get an error after which every boot after that one results in the SSD booting up as a recovery drive. I had 10.12.1 installed on an external HDD which I thought an easy restore would be a great idea for but now I get this issue:
image.jpg

Any ideas?

EDIT: It's working now, apparently I just had to keep trying like 5-6 times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back