Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I go about injecting via clover? And I seem to have been impatient before - apparently I just turned my laptop off too fast in frustration when the apple logo would fade out assuming it's restarting. I'm Still getting KP with any and all NVMe kexts but removing those allows me to open up the System Folder. I've tried in both AHCI and Disabled (or None) in terms of SATA configuration. I also successfully converted my Windows to ACHI - not that that matters...

The kexts that are causing problems are IONVMeFamily and both (either one at a time) of HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_0.kext (which I patched myself) and HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext which was found in Helicos' CLOVER folder. Also, final note, the CLOVER folder provided by maxexcloo seems to crash at start up every time (not KP, just crash and if in non-verbose mode, show a prohibited sign that would "screen refresh every 45s~ish")

EDIT: That being said, I also kinda might have scrapped your clover config.plist... No hard feelings? :lol:
No hard feelings at all man ;)

To inject via Clover remove all NVMe related KEXTs and copy the IONVMeFamily patches in the KextsToPatch section of config.plist, AHCI and Disabled modes both worked fine for me, I stuck to AHCI for compatibility however :)
Let me know how it goes, I'm curious on your hardware, maybe we have different builds?

No hard feelings at all man ;)

To inject via Clover remove all NVMe related KEXTs and copy the IONVMeFamily patches in the KextsToPatch section of config.plist, AHCI and Disabled modes both worked fine for me, I stuck to AHCI for compatibility however :)
Let me know how it goes, I'm curious on your hardware, maybe we have different builds?

So I did what you told me to do:

No KP, Install macOS still only displays 1 Drive which is the external USB Stick Drive. Menu bar still stuck on "Language Chooser App"?? Thus can't get into disk utility. Most likely guess is that there are some boot args I'm missing for the kexts to patch actually gets executed? I'd also love to pre-format my SSD's partition as an HFS+ volume through windows (Have paragon HFS+ software if that helps) - this can help me debug if it's showing internal devices or not by essentially confirming if it shows an HFS+ partition on the "Install macOS Screen" I could also try booting into recovery, will try that now and let you know in a bit - Kind should get heading home from University, you know? but other than that yeah- I can only access the language chooser in the installation media - I'm like a caged bird.

As requested: Hardware:
-i7 6500U
-Iris 520 GPU
-Stock Dell Wireless+Bluetooth (but has already purchased a DW1650, waiting for it to be shipped like NOV 1~NOV 19?)
-SSD is NVMe PM951 SAMSUNG m.2 with 256GB (not that it matters) but definitely thinking of getting a replacement since my younger brother decided it was a good idea to defragment an SSD...
-Touch Screen QHD Display
-Everything else should be the same?

Pending Update (Not Uploaded):
  • Updated Clover to Clover_v2.3k_r3859
  • Updated Wireless Patches for 10.12.1
  • 10.12.1 Fixes Volume Hotkeys
  • SMBIOS Changed To MacBookPro13,1
  • Added Boot Graphics Glitch Patch
  • Removed [sys] Fix PNOT/PPNT Patch (Post)
  • Recreate Power Management SSDT (Post)
  • Recreate NVMe Patch KEXT (Post)
This update needs testing (I have to wait for a vanilla 10.12.1 update to download), if anyone has contributions let me know!
I will upload once I am satisfied with stability!

good. we need to more info smbios. serial. etc.. we need who gets darwin dumper in new macbook pro.

I'm thinking about getting the XPS 13 9350-4891. Are there any known issues with the 3200x1800 screen?
No problems with the screen, there are a few other issues however, look at the first post.

I'm thinking about getting the XPS 13 9350-4891. Are there any known issues with the 3200x1800 screen?
As far as I'm aware it's possible to patch it, see the XPS 13 9350 El Capitan thread and the XPS 15 thread (linked in the first post at the bottom!)

As far as I'm aware it's possible to patch it, see the XPS 13 9350 El Capitan thread and the XPS 15 thread (linked in the first post at the bottom!)
What for? It works natively OOB in retina 1600x900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back