Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same is also true for hibernation.

I think rehabman's guide has not changed - hibernation is not supported. I will wait until the man with 100K+ posts will say otherwise.

Power consumption under OS X with HWP enabled - 1.95W @ 0.49GHZ at idle:
c03f861c42.jpeg

Power consumption under Windows - 0.56W @ 1GHZ at idle:
c041a48285.jpg

Technically OS X should be providing better battery life, however it has almost 4x increased power consumption even though its reaching and staying at lower frequencies.

Any ideas?

KevinGleave and Sevinkroff

I made some observations with power consumption:

Package power (simple average while running geekbench)
4.26175260718 (Sierra)
5.82801749271 (windows 10)
> Sierra scores are better

while running geekbench4 compute
6.03297849462 (Sierra)
5.34494408602 (windows 10)
> Windows scores are better

Everything is up and running great apart from one thing: SOUND. In windows it uses the realtek drivers and it sound much better. Not only it achieves higher volume but it's more clear as well and does not distort.
If I used the basic windows drivers (intel ones I think), before installing the realtek ones then windows sounds just like osx: BAD.
any chance we can use https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC ? Would that make a difference?
Has anyone else noticed this?

Everything is up and running great apart from one thing: SOUND. In windows it uses the realtek drivers and it sound much better. Not only it achieves higher volume but it's more clear as well and does not distort.
If I used the basic windows drivers (intel ones I think), before installing the realtek ones then windows sounds just like osx: BAD.
any chance we can use https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC ? Would that make a difference?
Has anyone else noticed this?

You're crazy... the audio quality with headphones plugged in I have under OS X on my XPS 13 is far better than anything I can achieve on Windows. My audio works completely perfectly.

Use Syscl's script that auto patches DSDT, SSDT, and provides kexts specific to your XPS configuration - everything works perfectly.

You're crazy... the audio quality with headphones plugged in I have under OS X on my XPS 13 is far better than anything I can achieve on Windows. My audio works completely perfectly.

Use Syscl's script that auto patches DSDT, SSDT, and provides kexts specific to your XPS configuration - everything works perfectly.
was not referring to headphones. I am using his configs. Also tried other before. Same result .Do some tests and you'll come to the same conclusion. Audio tends to distort at near max volume.

was not referring to headphones. I am using his configs. Also tried other before. Same result .Do some tests and you'll come to the same conclusion. Audio tends to distort at near max volume.
syscl's AppleHDA patch is very pretty, I use that as my daily drive now!

syscl's AppleHDA patch is very pretty, I use that as my daily drive now!
It is. I am not saying it's not. I use it as a daily driver as well. And I am really thankful for it. I'm just saying there a difference with the realek one from windows.

Like four years ago I didn't manage to make a correct dsdt, but at least I DO have EVERYTHING working on my 9350. The only exception is hibernation and TB3, but really I don't think anybody cares about it at the moment.

View attachment 224043

So far got working:
  • sound (no HDMI-audio)
  • brightness (shift+F2/F3 to control use system preferences for now)
  • NVME (@1200W/1500R)
  • touchpad (middle click inverted with right one)
  • touchscreen (no onscreen keyboard popup)
  • camera
  • HDMI (no audio)
  • USB-C
  • USB-As
  • Battery
  • Sleep (no hibernation +hibernation)
  • Bluetooth
  • Wi-Fi (depending on module installed, swapped to DW1830)
  • iCloud, Find My Mac, iMessage etc (You have to find/generate your own serial)
  • GPU QE/CI (4k video no lag)
  • CPU PM(drops up to 0.85 GHz 0.5 GHz)
  • First of a kind there - hassle-free INSTALL (everything is seen at first boot and installs sucsessfully)
So far this might be a kinda universal solution for 9350 line. I'm not saying it's pefect, but it's beginner-friendly and almost fully working out-of-box. Be free to use my CLOVER folder to install and to boot into on a regular basis, as it is my daily-driver one. Any further ugrades will also land there.

As of 12/7/2016 12/16/2016 it's proven working on 10.12.1 and 10.12.2 beta5. Any improvements are welcome;)

As usual credits for kexts used goes to their authors. Many thanks to everyone in these threads to make this pack possible!

Update: added v2

Only Mac I have is girlfriends 2009 Macbook which is running El Capitan. Sierra is incompatible with it but I have the install .app on it. Can I still make the necessary Clover and Install package for my XPS 13 (i7-6560u Iris 540) using your patches ?

Also which version of Clover are you using ?

Last edited:
Dell XPS 13 9350 System BIOS

XPS 13 9350 1.4.12 BIOS
Fixes & Enhancements
Fixes-
1. Support Apple USB Type-C Monitor.
2. Update PXE boot support for DA200.
3. Update LED status during BIOS recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back