Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like four years ago I didn't manage to make a correct dsdt, but at least I DO have EVERYTHING working on my 9350. The only exception is hibernation and TB3, but really I don't think anybody cares about it at the moment.

View attachment 224043

So far got working:
  • sound (no HDMI-audio)
  • brightness (shift+F2/F3 to control)
  • NVME (@1200W/1500R)
  • touchpad (middle click inverted with right one)
  • touchscreen (no onscreen keyboard popup)
  • camera
  • HDMI (no audio)
  • USB-C
  • USB-As
  • Battery
  • Sleep (no hibernation)
  • Bluetooth
  • Wi-Fi (depending on module installed, swapped to DW1830)
  • iCloud, Find My Mac, iMessage etc (You have to find/generate your own serial)
  • GPU QE/CI (4k video no lag)
  • CPU PM(drops up to 0.85 GHz)
  • First of a kind there - hassle-free INSTALL (everything is seen at first boot and installs sucsessfully)
So far this might be a kinda universal solution for 9350 line. I'm not saying it's pefect, but it's beginner-friendly and almost fully working out-of-box. Be free to use my CLOVER folder to install and to boot into on a regular basis, as it is my daily-driver one. Any further ugrades will also land there.

As of 12/7/2016 it's proven working on 10.12.1 and 10.12.2 beta5. Any improvements are welcome;)

As usual credits for kexts used goes to their authors. Many thanks to everyone in these threads to make this pack possible!

Thank you so much for much, I wonder how did you switch to DW1830, DW1830 has 3 antenna connectors, J0, J1 and J2, while XPS 13 9350 has only 2 antennas, so which two connectors did you cennect?

Like four years ago I didn't manage to make a correct dsdt, but at least I DO have EVERYTHING working on my 9350. The only exception is hibernation and TB3, but really I don't think anybody cares about it at the moment.

View attachment 224043

So far got working:
  • sound (no HDMI-audio)
  • brightness (shift+F2/F3 to control)
  • NVME (@1200W/1500R)
  • touchpad (middle click inverted with right one)
  • touchscreen (no onscreen keyboard popup)
  • camera
  • HDMI (no audio)
  • USB-C
  • USB-As
  • Battery
  • Sleep (no hibernation)
  • Bluetooth
  • Wi-Fi (depending on module installed, swapped to DW1830)
  • iCloud, Find My Mac, iMessage etc (You have to find/generate your own serial)
  • GPU QE/CI (4k video no lag)
  • CPU PM(drops up to 0.85 GHz)
  • First of a kind there - hassle-free INSTALL (everything is seen at first boot and installs sucsessfully)
So far this might be a kinda universal solution for 9350 line. I'm not saying it's pefect, but it's beginner-friendly and almost fully working out-of-box. Be free to use my CLOVER folder to install and to boot into on a regular basis, as it is my daily-driver one. Any further ugrades will also land there.

As of 12/7/2016 it's proven working on 10.12.1 and 10.12.2 beta5. Any improvements are welcome;)

As usual credits for kexts used goes to their authors. Many thanks to everyone in these threads to make this pack possible!

I tried your CLOVER - it boots up fine but I don't have audio and my WiFi doesn't work (which is more understandable because I'm using DW1560 and you mentioned 1830).

DW1560 (BCM94352) requires only a single binary patch (the-darkvoid's fcvo). And maybe a 5ghz patch depending on your region.

Can you provide a link to that patch?

Thank you so much for much, I wonder how did you switch to DW1830, DW1830 has 3 antenna connectors, J0, J1 and J2, while XPS 13 9350 has only 2 antennas, so which two connectors did you cennect?

Sure, My XPS13 installed DW1830, 2 antennas connect j1 white、 j2 balck, then successful connected wireless.

OK.
But I was wondering whether the patch is to address a specific problem with lid wake, or if the problem also occurs with power button wake.
This patch solve both power button wake and lid wake on XPS 13, it's pretty much the same as the lid wake patch for 0x0A2E0008 on XPS 15 9530 and Precision M3800 which we have discussed before.

"hda-gfx" does not cause the panic with working AppleHDA audio (which is why the "hda-gfx" has been added back...)
But it definitely can cause issues when AppleHDA is not working...
What's the particular meaning of not working AppleHDA?

Probably an ACPI issue or configuration issue (messing with darkwake flags?)
There's no darkwake flags being set. Very likely ACPI issue. Here's the ioreg, clover:

I'm now going to see what's wrong with the SMBIOS gSettings.ProductName which was cut during booting.
syscl

Attachments

• ioreg_clover_kextstat.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 129
Hi, I was wondering how to activate the bluetooth of DW1820A, in the about page it appears as :

BCM2045A0:

Product ID: 0x6412

Vendor ID: 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.)

Version: 1.12

Serial Number: C8FF28B56EE8

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp

Location ID: 0x14300000 / 1

Current Available (mA): 500

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Built-In: Yes

I tried using BRCMFirmwareData.kext and BRCMNonPatchRam2.kext and still not detected in Bluetooth section (I was able to connect it before) so I'm sure there's a way

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back