Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed the guide and have almost everything working. One thing I'm having an issue with is the Bluetooth. It will connect to devices but drops within every 15-30 seconds (airdrop works fine). I also can't change the audio device to Bluetooth to listen from headphones since there is no option to pick from.

I currently have Voodoohda installed because I couldn't get cloverhda file from earlier posts to work. Is that part of the issue related to seeing Bluetooth devices?

On the audio topic, is the SSDT needed to get audio working properly? I simply used kext utility to inject the cloverhda.kext into s/l/e. Then followed guide for nocache and rebuild permissions. I had it working on a previous install but have tried everything since and nothing works.

I have followed the guide and have almost everything working. One thing I'm having an issue with is the Bluetooth. It will connect to devices but drops within every 15-30 seconds (airdrop works fine). I also can't change the audio device to Bluetooth to listen from headphones since there is no option to pick from.

I currently have Voodoohda installed because I couldn't get cloverhda file from earlier posts to work. Is that part of the issue related to seeing Bluetooth devices?

On the audio topic, is the SSDT needed to get audio working properly? I simply used kext utility to inject the cloverhda.kext into s/l/e. Then followed guide for nocache and rebuild permissions. I had it working on a previous install but have tried everything since and nothing works.

Do you use built in DW1820A?

I have a DELL XPS 13 on i7 (9350). I am a newbie to hackintosh, I have been trying to get the WiFi fixed for long time now. I have no idea how many clovers I have tried, I have mixed up clovers, did a lot of random things without ever actually looking at the actual issue/configuration but never got the wifi working. So, finally, I thought It is time to reach out to the community. I have used nos1609's CLOVER, was able to install and boot, but the WIFI is not working. Is there anything I am doing wrong. Thanks for your help. I really want this great and beautiful machine to rock MacOS.

I have a DELL XPS 13 on i7 (9350). I am a newbie to hackintosh, I have been trying to get the WiFi fixed for long time now. I have no idea how many clovers I have tried, I have mixed up clovers, did a lot of random things without ever actually looking at the actual issue/configuration but never got the wifi working. So, finally, I thought It is time to reach out to the community. I have used nos1609's CLOVER, was able to install and boot, but the WIFI is not working. Is there anything I am doing wrong. Thanks for your help. I really want this great and beautiful machine to rock MacOS.

Do you have dw1820? If so, I have not read anywhere where that will work. Dw1560 works for me but am having Bluetooth issues but that doesn't seem to be an issue others are experiencing. I had it working fine but may need to do a fresh install.

Dw1560 is easy to get to work. Install and follow previous guide. Be sure to use Rehabman's fakepcii kext he updated nov 11th, I believe. Also need to use patch in config. Read read read!!!!

Do you have dw1820? If so, I have not read anywhere where that will work. Dw1560 works for me but am having Bluetooth issues but that doesn't seem to be an issue others are experiencing. I had it working fine but may need to do a fresh install.

Dw1560 is easy to get to work. Install and follow previous guide. Be sure to use Rehabman's fakepcii kext he updated nov 11th, I believe. Also need to use patch in config. Read read read!!!!

DW1560 vs DW1830, which one do you think better? And is it easy to open up xps and replace the cards? I worried if I brake something :)

Like four years ago I didn't manage to make a correct dsdt, but at least I DO have EVERYTHING working on my 9350. The only exception is hibernation and TB3, but really I don't think anybody cares about it at the moment.

View attachment 224043

So far got working:
  • sound (no HDMI-audio)
  • brightness (shift+F2/F3 to control)
  • NVME (@1200W/1500R)
  • touchpad (middle click inverted with right one)
  • touchscreen (no onscreen keyboard popup)
  • camera
  • HDMI (no audio)
  • USB-C
  • USB-As
  • Battery
  • Sleep (no hibernation)
  • Bluetooth
  • Wi-Fi (depending on module installed, swapped to DW1830)
  • iCloud, Find My Mac, iMessage etc (You have to find/generate your own serial)
  • GPU QE/CI (4k video no lag)
  • CPU PM(drops up to 0.85 GHz)
  • First of a kind there - hassle-free INSTALL (everything is seen at first boot and installs sucsessfully)
So far this might be a kinda universal solution for 9350 line. I'm not saying it's pefect, but it's beginner-friendly and almost fully working out-of-box. Be free to use my CLOVER folder to install and to boot into on a regular basis, as it is my daily-driver one. Any further ugrades will also land there.

As of 12/7/2016 it's proven working on 10.12.1 and 10.12.2 beta5. Any improvements are welcome;)

As usual credits for kexts used goes to their authors. Many thanks to everyone in these threads to make this pack possible!
good work! but there is a problem, after waking from sleep, screen flickers a lot

DW1560 vs DW1830, which one do you think better? And is it easy to open up xps and replace the cards? I worried if I brake something :)

I don't really know the difference. I have dw1560 and it was very easy to replace. It is hard to break anything to be honest. Very gentle!

I don't really know the difference. I have dw1560 and it was very easy to replace. It is hard to break anything to be honest. Very gentle!

Hi all,

I just got my thunderbolt 3 hub (3 USB 3 and card reader), and it just works on the mac, very cool

Edit : But it seems it has bandwidth problem, if I attach just wifi dongle and mouse dongle, it works fine, if I add USB3 Flash drive, the wifi will slow down and mouse not even working anymore

In the about page thunderbolt : No hardware was found but in the USB device tree, there's
USB 3.1 Bus
- USB 3.0 hub
- USB 2.0 hub (maybe this is the memory cards reader)

Is there any patch for thunderbolt 3 or kexts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back