Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet, also I ran the .sh again and the graphic glitch is gone (but right clicking box often keep reappearing and disappearing). my resolution scaled to it's native size and all the ui are so tiny lol (anyway to fix this?). Also my restart and sleep doesnt work (been happening with other clovers, so I don't think it's yours) (sleep just black out the screen while still showing the cursor, and restart just black out the screen completely and doesnt shut down to reboot). Also do you know how I would go about fixing my DW 1820 wifi if possible?

My wifi issue was fixed with the SDST patch that Maxecloo provided in addition to the kexttopatch he had in his clover config file. I had to piece a few things together to get it to work for me with some graphic issues I was facing. It is still day to day for me, but what I have ultimately determined is that the HWPenable should not be included. That fried my hard drive 2x.

My wifi issue was fixed with the SDST patch that Maxecloo provided in addition to the kexttopatch he had in his clover config file. I had to piece a few things together to get it to work for me with some graphic issues I was facing. It is still day to day for me, but what I have ultimately determined is that the HWPenable should not be included. That fried my hard drive 2x.
LOL, you can see in my GitHub, I disable the HWPenable, since:
  • Once you enable HWP, you cannot turn it off again until you reinstall the macOS
  • It crashes my data
That's the reason why at the very first beginning I disable HWPEnable. All the optimizations will soon come, don't worry

syscl

Last edited:
****, so I cant fix it unless reinstall macOS with parts of the config section from maxecloo?

****, so I cant fix it unless reinstall macOS with parts of the config section from maxecloo?

I was able to use any BRCM KextsToPatch and include the SDST file he had discussed before.

Try this and see if it works.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.6 KB · Views: 228
Out of box means that the device is supported natively by operating system itself. DW 1560 requires additional binary patches, and of course FakePCIID to hook the device-id and kernel extensions to fool macOS to power up the device. What's worse, in 10.12.1, it requires additional 3 other PCI Error binary patches, otherwise, this card cannot be powered up. So, who knows if there's more binary patches for DW 1560 in further versions. If you look back to NVMe patches and other binary patches, it's very clear, more binary patches you have, more changes you have to take into consideration. That's why RehabMan created a whole new project for nvme, that's why each time we have to verify whether the location hasn't had any changes even though the change is a single bit.

FYI, DW 1830 is the one I use for both M3800(QHD+) and XPS 13 9350. Compared to DW 1560:
  • higher performance
  • BCM94360, the real OUT OF BOX card without any other binary patches to power it up(FakePCIID to rebrand it if you want)
  • BT 4.1
  • No require 5G
  • cheaper
  • DW 1820 and DW 1830 is actually designed for Skylake XPS series, so definitely better compatible
  • 3 antennas instead of only 2 in DW 1560

And also, there's DW1707 which requires less binary patches for XPS 13 9350(only add ID support for AirPortAtheros40.kext.kext that's enough).

syscl

Where did you get yours from? The m2 version seems to be only available in China.

Last edited:
Sorry Skylake LPC in your github patches. Based on one of the Maxecloo's previous posts to patch the DSDT.dsl file. I haven't been able to determine if that is a necessary patch.

Debatable. Use it only if you think it solves a problem.

It can work...with copious amount of additional binary patches and higher price than a better one.

syscl

DW1560 (BCM94352) requires only a single binary patch (the-darkvoid's fcvo). And maybe a 5ghz patch depending on your region.

I get this from eBay, I am in USA.

syscl

I just did a clean install and followed your sh. procedure, here are some notes of the outcome:

NOTES:
Booting from USB requires turning on USB Ownership / USB Injection in PCI devices, otherwise it will stay in the Apple logo.

Graphics are only reporting 7MB out of the 1GB it is supposed to. (It does show 1gb with Maxe’s Clover config)

I have no audio.

There is no brightness control in the display section, but at least the screen is visible (I was getting almost no backlight with Maxe’s Clover config, it was weird)

Your install is the only one I’ve tried so far that has let me tap to touch using the touchpad, which makes the touchpad feel at least semi-useful.

I returned the DW1560 since it wasn’t working in 10.12.1 and placed the 1080A card back in, somehow, the card shows up in Mac OS, even the WiFi symbol pops up, but I can’t turn it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back