Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Define what you mean by misleading? the DW1560 Wifi Card works with macOS without essentially having to do what is, essentially a mythological dance of turning on the wifi 3 times, rebooting into windows and rebooting into macOS, crossing your fingers and hoping that the 1820A card works. DW1560 works with the patches given by @maxexcloo right out of the box on macOS 10.12.0 and above (probably before as well, haven't checked however) (remembering there are additional patches for 10.12.1, 10.12.1 being the latest version so far).

I would agree. The 1820A would not work for me. It was an easy decision for $30 to get the DW1560. It works as advertised in Maxecloo's patches. It took a bit of maneuvering but was finally able to get it to work. What worked for me was the SSDT file and that made it work. Thanks!

there is a
  • Now, Brightness save issue fixed:
Due to brightness cannot successfully save to NVRAM, I use another way to save brightness:
  • Install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • Install RC Script to target volume
  • Install IntelBacklight.kext
  • Reboot to enjoy your brightness save
Credit RehabMan's IntelBacklight.kext and Clover's EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

All changes can be found in my GitHub: https://github.com/syscl/XPS9350-macOS

cheers!

syscl
problem with your clover, specially with the mouse. When I scroll or right click, I get a graphically glitch on the top right of my screen
. Also when I run the command for the deploy.sh, I'm suppose to direct it to the USB's EFI partition correct? and my terminal is now stuck at update kext from ./kext for a while now...

Define what you mean by misleading? the DW1560 Wifi Card works with macOS without essentially having to do what is, essentially a mythological dance of turning on the wifi 3 times, rebooting into windows and rebooting into macOS, crossing your fingers and hoping that the 1820A card works. DW1560 works with the patches given by @maxexcloo right out of the box on macOS 10.12.0 and above (probably before as well, haven't checked however) (remembering there are additional patches for 10.12.1, 10.12.1 being the latest version so far).
Out of box means that the device is supported natively by operating system itself. DW 1560 requires additional binary patches, and of course FakePCIID to hook the device-id and kernel extensions to fool macOS to power up the device. What's worse, in 10.12.1, it requires additional 3 other PCI Error binary patches, otherwise, this card cannot be powered up. So, who knows if there's more binary patches for DW 1560 in further versions. If you look back to NVMe patches and other binary patches, it's very clear, more binary patches you have, more changes you have to take into consideration. That's why RehabMan created a whole new project for nvme, that's why each time we have to verify whether the location hasn't had any changes even though the change is a single bit.

FYI, DW 1830 is the one I use for both M3800(QHD+) and XPS 13 9350. Compared to DW 1560:
  • higher performance
  • BCM94360, the real OUT OF BOX card without any other binary patches to power it up(FakePCIID to rebrand it if you want)
  • BT 4.1
  • No require 5G
  • cheaper
  • DW 1820 and DW 1830 is actually designed for Skylake XPS series, so definitely better compatible
  • 3 antennas instead of only 2 in DW 1560

And also, there's DW1707 which requires less binary patches for XPS 13 9350(only add ID support for AirPortAtheros40.kext.kext that's enough).

syscl

there is a

problem with your clover, specially with the mouse. When I scroll or right click, I get a graphically glitch on the top right of my screen
. Also when I run the command for the deploy.sh, I'm suppose to direct it to the USB's EFI partition correct? and my terminal is now stuck at update kext from ./kext for a while now...
As I said, I haven't finished the deploy.sh since I have too much homework this week, just wait patiently, I will let you know if I almost finish it.

Till now, this project is pretty much the same as my M3800's, and I have to implement more modifications for it.

syscl

Which one would you recommend?

Curious, have you been able use hwpenable and not fry your hard drive?

Better performance, cheaper than DW 1560 and out of box:
  • DW 1830

Much cheaper than both DW 1560 and DW 1830 with much less binary changes than DW 1560:
  • DW 1707

syscl

Has anyone been able to get handoff/continuity working properly on their XPS? I tried the activation tool and it basically fried my hard drive. I was unable to boot and had to start all over again.

Also, is anyone having problems with the Skylake DSDT patch? That is the only one hanging up my boot.
DW 1830 on XPS 13 9350 has the hand off:
Snip20161118_2.png

syscl

DW 1830 on XPS 13 9350 has the hand off:
View attachment 221344

syscl

Thanks, Syscl. I will have to do more work on the 1830. I can get the airdrop to work, but not the handoff to safari.

I guess that is the least of my issues. I have some intermittent freezing issues that occurs randomly. Also, no restart, caps lock glitch and battery drain issues that I think could be a result of no HWPenable. Furthermore, my wife is annoyed with me for spending so much time on this "fun" project.

As I said, I haven't finished the deploy.sh since I have too much homework this week, just wait patiently, I will let you know if I almost finish it.

Till now, this project is pretty much the same as my M3800's, and I have to implement more modifications for it.

syscl
sweet, also I ran the .sh again and the graphic glitch is gone (but right clicking box often keep reappearing and disappearing). my resolution scaled to it's native size and all the ui are so tiny lol (anyway to fix this?). Also my restart and sleep doesnt work (been happening with other clovers, so I don't think it's yours) (sleep just black out the screen while still showing the cursor, and restart just black out the screen completely and doesnt shut down to reboot). Also do you know how I would go about fixing my DW 1820 wifi if possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back