Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 13 9350 Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I tried your guide. Installer loaded. Went through the installation process just fine. Rebooted to finish installation process. Couldn't get to desktop.

So I figured maybe this is an old installer. It's been a while. Is this the installer I made using a different method? I'll make a new one.

So I clicked the link in your guide, downloaded UniBeast as directed, created an installer, deleted my clover folder and replaced it with yours, and now I can't get into the installer. It hangs about halfway through the little progress bar.

Please advise.

What can I have done wrong? Something in the BIOS?

Last edited:
Okay so I tried your guide. Installer loaded. Went through the installation process just fine. Rebooted to finish installation process. Couldn't get to desktop.

So I figured maybe this is an old installer. It's been a while. Is this the installer I made using a different method? I'll make a new one.

So I clicked the link in your guide, downloaded UniBeast as directed, created an installer, deleted my clover folder, and now I can't get into the installer.

Please advise.

What can I have done wrong? Something in the BIOS?

What WiFi card do you have on your machine?

DW1820A CN-08pkf4

But I have access to a dw1560.

Okay it is working so far. I have it booting without a USB stick, connected to WIFI, and it's running. I haven't done the rest of the fixes. I need to go to bed.

For the edification of anyone else following this guide and having problems, here's what I was doing wrong:
- I forgot to switch to AHCI in the BIOS.
- I had to switch to DW1560.
- I was making the installer on a VM. I don't know why, but that didn't work. Thank goodness I still have an old C2D MBP at work.

I'll continue with the guide on the morrow.

Okay I haven't done the power management stuff yet, and I don't know that I will until I've had a chance to play with it more. But it's working! Thanks for the wonderful guide!

Would this EFI folder work with i7 model dell xps 9350? Thanks

1. Properly define your system
Go into Config.plist in your EFI clover folder and change your Symbios to MacBook Pro 13,2 (this is very important for power management to work). After you are done, rebuild cache and repair permission (I recommend Hackintool), then reboot.

I never check this, can you explain more ... thanks.

I never check this, can you explain more ... thanks.
It's you defining your system for power management to work. If you have clover configurator, open your EFI config.plist and change your smbios to MacBook pro 13,2 and save it. Repair permission and rebuild cache then reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back