Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end, I just installed ubuntu onto my 9343. Trying it out now. Also replaced battery, quite simple.

Hi guys, after a really disappointing experience trying to get my hackintosh done on my XPS 13 9343 2 months ago (Bios A07, i7-5500U, SSD LiteOn 512 - QHD - 8GB Ram - HD5500) due to very poor performance, I ended installing Ubuntu.... but now, I am here for a second try with a clean mind... but the same problem. I read the guide/s many times, tried different approaches as well but no luck...

So far, same results...I have been trying for the last full and a half weeks, but really cant find put why the performance is sooo bad. I mean, it freezes randomly for a few secs, then works fine for another few secs and freezes again.... there must be something there, but can find out what, hopefully somewhere will be able to help (please!!!)

I have done a fresh install, converting the full disk into APFS (GUID table).

I am attaching the debug generated via the reporting tool, hope someone will have a minute to take a look :D

Thanks in advance guys

Attachments

• debug_19083.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 95
Hi guys, after a really disappointing experience trying to get my hackintosh done on my XPS 13 9343 2 months ago (Bios A07, i7-5500U, SSD LiteOn 512 - QHD - 8GB Ram - HD5500) due to very poor performance, I ended installing Ubuntu.... but now, I am here for a second try with a clean mind... but the same problem. I read the guide/s many times, tried different approaches as well but no luck...

So far, same results...I have been trying for the last full and a half weeks, but really cant find put why the performance is sooo bad. I mean, it freezes randomly for a few secs, then works fine for another few secs and freezes again.... there must be something there, but can find out what, hopefully somewhere will be able to help (please!!!)

I have done a fresh install, converting the full disk into APFS (GUID table).

I am attaching the debug generated via the reporting tool, hope someone will have a minute to take a look :D

Thanks in advance guys
install all your kexts to /Library/Extensions

config.plist:
InjectKexts should be set to Detect

How and where to install kexts:

config.plist:

Hi, first, thanks for your time at looking at this. Regarding your suggestions, I tried that already and same output... Will do it right now again and post results anyway...

BTW, would u be able to tell me if there is any issue with the CPU? benchmarks looks good for CPU and GPU, could it be related to the ssd or the APFS? I have been reading everywhere but could not find anything...

Regards,
mats

config.plist:

Hi, I applied your suggested changes (plus set id 16260006 and added all the devices patched from hackintool) still same issue, attaching the debug file, running out of ideas... :( I really appreciate some help

Attachments

• debug_19460.zip
    10 MB · Views: 101
Hi, I applied your suggested changes (plus set id 16260006 and added all the devices patched from hackintool) still same issue, attaching the debug file, running out of ideas... :( I really appreciate some help
Trust=True is missing from your config.plist

try removing SortedOrder aswell

may be worth using lilufriend as well:

there is a tool above that will create one for you

also experiment with/without cpufriend (remembering to update lilufriend kext as well)

Trust=True is missing from your config.plist

try removing SortedOrder aswell

may be worth using lilufriend as well:

there is a tool above that will create one for you

also experiment with/without cpufriend (remembering to update lilufriend kext as well)

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

I tried all your suggestions but nothing improved... I even tried changing the SMBIOS from MacBookPro12,1 to MacBookAir7,2 and same... even worse I would say

Any other suggestions?

Thanks and I will be waiting for some support from the forum :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back