Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply and the link. I made an installer using the latest build 18E226 but now can't load the installer.

Prior to this, it was installing but then would panic near the end. I was able to boot off the new install to continue but that too would panic. Not sure if that's due to APFS or DVMT. Next boot wouldn't show that volume to retry so likely APFS.

Anyway, tried with the latest MBR HFS patch and stuck at AppleACPICPU with the unsupported CPU/PCH message.

Tried a number of configs I've found posted for this model. Also, this is the only dump I've found that will load Clover. Others are just a black screen although that could be due to the drivers.
I installed Clover on another USB Stick with the original Clover Installer and just chanched the Clover Folder on this stick. The USB Stick with the pached 14.4 Install stays untouched

May have success now. Reinstalled Clover and only chose the UEFI options. Dragged your Clover folder over again and could boot the installer. It did KP within a minute of loading but is continuing after a reboot.

EDIT: SUCCESS! Thanks ramalamadingdong!

Last edited:
...and done! Everything is working! Awesome!

Well, I thought I was good but audio keeps dropping off.

I thought it may have been an issue with VoodooHDA so swapped to AppleALC and injected 23 as others have.

I didn't realise I still needed to probe it with a linux live usb so booted into that and Mojave was fine. This lasted a couple of reboots then dropped out again. Rather than mess with my config, I tried Ubuntu 18.04 live usb but it's not coming back.

I had removed CodecCommander incase that was messing with it (and saw avatecer wasn't using it).

Also tried the AFGlowPowerState and ResetHDA options with no luck (turned them back off afterward).

Code:
<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AFGLowPowerState</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <integer>23</integer>
            <key>ResetHDA</key>
            <false/>

I've attached IOReg and Audio details from when it was last working.

Attachments

• AudioCodecs.txt
    171 bytes · Views: 87
  • AudioDeviceName.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Ioreg.txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 391
Okay, I've got audio after injecting 13 (saw it could be 3, 13 or 23). Hopefully it will survive a few reboots.

Update: Audio is lost after a cold boot. Restarted 5 times and audio was available each time. Started from a cold boot and no audio. My kexts are in /L/E...

Last edited:
Okay, this is driving me nuts. Worked out that I don't need to inject via config, seems AppleALC is doing all the work. Added the HDAS to HDEF patch though and got sound after booting Ubuntu live USB. Retained sound after a restart and confirmed the config was correct with inject set to no. Shut down, booted back up. No sound...

This is what Hackintool sees when it's working.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 6.18.37 pm.png

great tutorial thanks!

I found my issue. It was the OSID to XSID and _OSI to XOSI renames. Once disabled, I had audio but lost brightness overlay (hotkeys still worked though). Was trying to work out how to keep both but no luck thus far.

@RehabMan, could you please take a look at my issue?
I'm still trying to get audio working with another config. Not sure where the issue lies as it's independent of DSDT and kexts used.
The config I'm using now has working audio but, the brightness overlay doesn't come up or move the slider on Displays prefpane plus it freezes the system if pressed too quickly in succession.
The other config which remedies this, doesn't allow audio though. I can restore audio by booting into a linux live USB but it won't survive a cold boot, only a restart.
I'd prefer to get the brightness overlay and slider link working plus restore audio. I don't mind if brightness resets to max every reboot.

Attachments

• debug_11022.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back