Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your guidance! I've installed windows 10 back and audio works there fine. On High Sierra 10.13.6 and Mojave 10.14.2 still audio codec undetectable.

edit: Nevermind, I used crazy bird's patcher. It works

hey, sorry to bother you. I have now a problem with apfs.efi or apfsdriverloader, if those are inside my drivers64uefi folder, I cannot seem to boot into clover (it just gives me blank black screen after dell oem logo). I think I've seen your thread somewhere on the internet. Did you manage to fix this problem?

I had no idea that this problem even exist because back then I could boot to apfs with no problem with the apfs.efi now after reinstalling mojave it won't and I stay momentarily in high sierra until I can fix this one.

Or did you patch with crazybird's patcher so it will not convert to hfs+?

Merry Christmas. Is this one worth the effort?
You too!!,
I think it is. just why not ;) but if you're planning on upgrading to mojave, there is slightly a bit of a problem. apfs.efi and apfsdriverloader.efi cause the clover not to get loaded unfortunately.

Last edited:
You too!!,
I think it is. just why not ;) but if you're planning on upgrading to mojave, there is slightly a bit of a problem. apfs.efi and apfsdriverloader.efi cause the clover not to get loaded unfortunately.

Cheers, so all the hints and tips have been updated to the first post? I don't need to read all 46 pages? :)

And a Happy New Year.

did you patch with crazybird's patcher so it will not convert to hfs+?
Yes. that's what I've done to get Mojave. Clover just won't load with apfs.efi, it reads only hfs+.

unfortunately first page is outdated, this is (I think) more appropriate #386
Do you still have audio detected on Mojave? I can't get working mine.

Last edited:
Yes. that's what I've done to get Mojave. Clover just won't load with apfs.efi, it reads only hfs+.
Thanks I did that, it works. It's quite easy to make the installer fortunately. I had vm swap memory something error, however it let me proceed the installation and so far there isn't any issue.

Do you still have audio detected on Mojave? I can't get working mine.

Hey, previously I had voodoohda but twice my laptop restart after sleep wake problem (caused by "com.apple.iokit.ioaudiofamily" which I think that has to do with voodoohda, but just now I figured it out, using applealc + inject-id 23 (it's relatively new)
http://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC
from there get the newest release and put the kext inside L/E and then not to forget using clover / plist editor change the inject-id to 23. I will let you know if kernel panic still persist

Using voodoo is pretty straightforward, just install applehdadisabler and voodoohda kexts to L/E, if that doesn't work either, try this after patching voodoohda,
1. Make USB Ubuntu installer
2. Do a live USB (boot to ubuntu without installing it) by manually selecting from F8 option, not from clover boot loader
3. Check sound if it does indeed work on your live ubuntu by clicking the sound scroll (I think) or easier try to play mp3 maybe
4. Restart and hopefully the sound works

Last edited:
Hi! I'm a newbie, what was the exact steps that you maked to install mojave on the 9343? I only make a Sierra instalation...
Thanks!!

Hi, Thanks for all the info, I read most of the tutuorial and I will go for Mojave... lets see how it goes...

Do I need to downgrade to (BIOS A07) ? Is that a must? i am actually on the latest one A18

Thanks!

Hi! I'm a newbie, what was the exact steps that you maked to install mojave on the 9343? I only make a Sierra instalation...
Thanks!!
Hi, Thanks for all the info, I read most of the tutuorial and I will go for Mojave... lets see how it goes...

Do I need to downgrade to (BIOS A07) ? Is that a must? i am actually on the latest one A18

Thanks!
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back