Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
thanx for your guide. I need to update to 10.12.1 but after reboot the system return to 10.12.0 and no update. Any fix for this?
I am having same issue. My system is crashing on shutdown after I hit "restart and install update".

HI,
I have installed successfully Mac OS Sierra on my XPS 9343 but my system boot 1 time on 3.. Often I have this error:

Attachments

• 2016-11-17 11.52.05.jpg
    2016-11-17 11.52.05.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 378
HI,
I have installed successfully Mac OS Sierra on my XPS 9343 but my system boot 1 time on 3.. Often I have this error:

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

This is what I got after using it for a week:
1. system crashed and rebooted (one-time) while I was doing my work!!...
2. failed to boot into macOS (apple logo turned into a forbidden sign), but it would eventually boot into the system after trying for 4 or 5 times...
3. trackpad misbehavior.. The mouse would randomly jump on the screen...

It's over a week that i have installed MacOS Sierra and i'm unable to set an appropriate HIDPI resolution not laggy. for now it is very laggy for me.. i'm using a program such as SwitchResX to set resolutions.
Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, I'm about to try this, will be my first install, what do you recommend I do? (are there any parts of the guide I should not follow and do something else instead?)

Cheers

do EXACTLY what it says don't miss a thing and your system should work fine, if anything isn't right just look through the comments first and then search the web

After 3 practically sleepless nights my friend and I got it working! everything works wonderfully, except for the touchpad prefpane. has anyone achieved this yet? I can't find the older file even with hidden files turned on! I am looking in %install_drive%/Library/PreferencePanes but It shows as being empty :(

Also has anyone got any tips for battery life improvements? The battery is perfectly useable however it could be better I am sure!

I have to say, I am finding myself using the touchscreen more than I used to on windows. I'm not sure why apple went with the touchbar instead of a full touch screen. yeah it looks cool but you wouldn't need a massive trackpad that interferes with your palms if you had a touchscreen. Just showed this install to my friend who has just bought a new MBP and he didn't really have much to say. Im pretty sure I could see a hint of regret in his eyes! :D

Hi, is there any way to update Mac OS Sierra to 10.12.1?
Thanks in advance!

@RehabMan Do you know if there is anyway to modify the touchpad to disable the bottom right hand corner of the touchpad acting as a right click with a single press? I use never use single press right click but find myself trying to left click with my finger in the bottom right very often! I'm sure there was a feature in windows 10 to disable it!

If that didnt make sense, I would like a single-touchpoint press to be left click anywhere on the touchpad and a two-touchpoint-click to be a right click rather than the current system of having a single-touchpoint right click zone in the bottom right of the touchpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back