Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm still a bit lost in terms of what I need to do in my particular situation. Does the first step of this post already cover the DVMT-prealloc?

Considering my CPU is Broadwell, this would only leave me with patching the IOKit framework, but I'm a bit confused as to how I would run the-darkvoid's script as described here. Would this be modifying my USB drive with Sierra and Clover on it, or would I need to use the invalid ig-platform-id you described?

Easy way is to use CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext as mentioned in the FAQ.

Has anyone been able to update to High Sierra ? I am considering this but I am not really sure.

Has anyone been able to update to High Sierra ? I am considering this but I am not really sure.
I managed to update to High Sierra, but for whatever reason, my config.plist that’s been working fine on Sierra would kernel panic when trying to boot the High Sierra installation. Ended up using this one and got it to install. Pretty much everything seems to be working as expected. I updated using the App Store app from Sierra.

I managed to update to High Sierra, but for whatever reason, my config.plist that’s been working fine on Sierra would kernel panic when trying to boot the High Sierra installation. Ended up using this one and got it to install. Pretty much everything seems to be working as expected. I updated using the App Store app from Sierra.

I just tried to use this config.plist but upon booting I can only see Xmas clover screen with no disks to boot up from. Is there anything I need to modify in this config file ?

I just tried again with the latest version of Clover and still I can only see Merry Christmas and no drives to boot from. Can anyone help ?

I just tried to use this config.plist but upon booting I can only see Xmas clover screen with no disks to boot up from. Is there anything I need to modify in this config file ?
I just tried again with the latest version of Clover and still I can only see Merry Christmas and no drives to boot from. Can anyone help ?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi Rehabman,

Thanks for reaching out. I cannot boot anymore as described above. Here’s what I see after applying config.plist from the link stealth568 said it worked for him. No drives to boot up from

0sDIXDk.jpg

I can go back to my old config.plist but it all works fine. Would you like me to upload the files from Sierra ?

Hi Rehabman,

Thanks for reaching out. I cannot boot anymore as described above. Here’s what I see after applying config.plist from the link stealth568 said it worked for him. No drives to boot up from

0sDIXDk.jpg

I can go back to my old config.plist but it all works fine. Would you like me to upload the files from Sierra ?

Still no "Problem Reporting" files attached.
I can only guess what mistake you're making when you don't provide EFI/Clover.
And guessing is not efficient, so I generally avoid it.

Still no "Problem Reporting" files attached.
I can only guess what mistake you're making when you don't provide EFI/Clover.
And guessing is not efficient, so I generally avoid it.

Hi Rehabman,

Please see atached EFI/Clover files.

Thanks again for all your help !

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back